Submit

Sound Good?
  yes
  no
  Does what sound good?
View Results

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:54 pm
I apologize to any guild crew or the captain if this has been wrongly posted, and I apologize, if not, then I guess I will get right into it.

I am ((as you can see in my siggy)) trying to make a guild. I want it to be a Pagan guild. Mostly for Wicca. I plan to have it have religious discussion, comparison, a full BoS written by the people of the guild, who will make thier own contributions, I also am planning to have specific topics on different things, and religious similarities. I want it to be omni-religion friendly. And I was wondering if anyone had any more ideas for me for the guild once it is up and running. Anyone here is welcome. PM me if you would like to join.... I am going to be putting a price on entry, so only those serious can join. A small price, but a price none the less. To any on this guild who would like to join, I am offering free entrance. I am just asking for advice, and ideas, but, any donations would be well appreciated.

Thankee Very much,
Deavon/Ashitaka/Cerrix, whatever you wanna call me......

And again, I apologize if this shouldn't have been posted. Delete it if it is a problem, but please PM me so I know not to look for it. Again... Thankee.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:39 am
Ideas?

I have a few.

Foremost?

1. All members must ALWAYS practice religious tolerance. No exceptions, no leniance.

A lot of religious guilds that I've been to are pointed pro- one religion, and against certain others. In particular, I see a LOT of Christian-bashing on atheist, pagan, and Satanist guilds. If you want to keep your guild from devolving, be strict and relentless in keeping religious toleration in all discussions. I've seen a lot of guilds devolve from "Talk about _________ (guild subject)" to "Talk about all the reasons you hate ________ (not guild subject)".

2. Don't make religious grouping based subforums. Don't have an irreligious subforum, pagan subforum, Abrahamic subforum, etc.

Keep all general religious discussions in the main forum. Get everyone talking about the subjects. If you don't, you'll get a lot of people sticking just to one forum or another. For subforums, try to make them religion related though; have one about religious art, religion and music, religion and politics, etc.  

GilAskan
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:44 am
Gil is such a smart fellow.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:29 am
I'm really not.

I just figured out the pun of the name of the restaurant "Subway" last month.  

GilAskan
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:49 am
GilAskan
I'm really not.

It's okay. It took me until I was 17 to actually get the joke: 'What's black, white, and "red" all over?'

I thought they really meant the colour red. So I didn't get it when the answer was newspaper.

D:

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:46 am
That might be a bit difficult... chances are you'll find at least five regs who are vaguely fundamentalist for paganism.
Being in a Christian guild, I've seen a few who are vaguely fundamentalist for Christianity, and as GilAskan said, it's a frequent occurrence in religion/non-religion guilds.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:23 pm
I'm already part of a Witch guild. It's weird, I'm Wiccan but very loosely. Like, I believe in a god and goddess and do spells but I don't wear cloaks and participate in a coven.

I find solitary Wicca is a lot more fufilling for me. But finding a guild is hard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 pm
I think a guild like that would be an awsome idea. I suggest you watch out for Witch wars though. (squabbling between traditionalist, feminist, eclectic, white Witches ect.) It can get ugly...  

CurseofDark

Salty Senshi

14,000 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 am
Yeah dont be afraid to touch issues like blood thirsty spirits. The assholes are mean but a large magority of people dont know how to get rid of them. (still doing research)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:22 pm
you're gonna have a lot of people bann from that guild of yours  

The Dadalorian

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:49 pm
Chaos A.D.
you're gonna have a lot of people bann from that guild of yours
Why do you think that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:38 am
MortSanglant
GilAskan
I'm really not.

It's okay. It took me until I was 17 to actually get the joke: 'What's black, white, and "red" all over?'

I thought they really meant the colour red. So I didn't get it when the answer was newspaper.

D:

User Image

Oooooh, now I get it! sweatdrop xd  

ringwraith10

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:43 am
GilAskan
I'm really not.

I'm slow... what pun?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:48 am
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
I apologize to any guild crew or the captain if this has been wrongly posted, and I apologize, if not, then I guess I will get right into it.

I am ((as you can see in my siggy)) trying to make a guild. I want it to be a Pagan guild. Mostly for Wicca. I plan to have it have religious discussion, comparison, a full BoS written by the people of the guild, who will make thier own contributions, I also am planning to have specific topics on different things, and religious similarities. I want it to be omni-religion friendly. And I was wondering if anyone had any more ideas for me for the guild once it is up and running. Anyone here is welcome. PM me if you would like to join.... I am going to be putting a price on entry, so only those serious can join. A small price, but a price none the less. To any on this guild who would like to join, I am offering free entrance. I am just asking for advice, and ideas, but, any donations would be well appreciated.

Thankee Very much,
Deavon/Ashitaka/Cerrix, whatever you wanna call me......

And again, I apologize if this shouldn't have been posted. Delete it if it is a problem, but please PM me so I know not to look for it. Again... Thankee.

Anyway, I'd join your guild. You seem pretty intelligent, and I'll gladly join any guild that promotes intelligent, peaceful discussion.

I don't know if you need to make your guild be "mostly for wicca"... there are a lot of wiccan guilds out there (although the majority of them are full of idiots). I'm a sort of pagan, but I'm not a wiccan... I'm more like a pagan-agnostic-christian... long story. xp But I think, even if the religion YOU know the most about is Wiccan, maybe your guild should be more open-ended? More based on discussing ALL religions? And I agree about the sub-forums... it would be bad to have a different subforum for different religions. That would promote segregation. Not too cool. sweatdrop

Of course, I don't know exactly where you want to go with your guild, and since it is YOUR guild, you can make it however you wish. smile  

ringwraith10

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:06 am
right now
in big bold letters on the front page

"No holier then thou attitudes"

'cuse people will be accusing others of being posers, of not knowing "real" wiccan believes, or other elitist nonsense.

people are such turds sometimes  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces