Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
I want inflation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evan Korken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:03 am
I just read Lanzer's diary and it mentioned something about trying to make inflation go down. It's good news for some but it's bad news for others

"What?" You say. "Inflation going down is a BAD thing?"

To me it is, It's already gotten down to the point that I've lost a lot of money. If it goes down too much more I may be better off just starting a whole new account and leaving this one behind.

Don't get me wrong, I want things to be affordable to those who want the items of their dreams. But realize that I have dreams too and the way I've been trying to get to those goals has been through playing the marketplace. I even had to close down my charity because prices had gone down so much more from when I bought my items that I couldn't make the money I needed to keep it going.

I'm not trying to rally support or anything, I just want to make it known that there's another side to the inflation issue.

Thank you for reading my rant.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:26 am
I want inflation to... No matter I lost just few golds on that XD  

Markyeo

Rhireiah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:49 pm
It's good for people like me who have young accounts, but I can see how deflation could upset a lot of people. Especially those who invested in things early or quested their butts off for certain rare and expensive items. It's hard to say what's fair in this case confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:19 pm
No matter what they do, someone's gonna be mad about something ya know?

I'm for some deflation because it was starting to get to the point for a while there that some prices were just getting ridiculous. Too much deflation isn't very good for some Gaians, you know?  

Evan Korken

Rhireiah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:15 am
That's very true. Especially with the very first items. The gold halo is something like 20 million, which is completely out of hand. People love to quest for items as long as they can actually reach the goal.

You're right again, too much deflation is bad too. If people can get items too easily, they'll lose interest in the site. There should be a price difference between the very first items and the newest items, but not one that frustrates people out of even trying for them.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games