Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Design or Shop? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T-o-p-h-a-t-t-e-r

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:45 pm
Hm...Suppose Halloween is coming up (I wish ><) and your parents are spoiling you, and giving you as much money as you need to make your own costume. Would you design it, or go around looking for things to put together?

If you would design it: What would you make it look like? More of a victorian goth look or modern?

If you would just put it together: What stores would you go to, besides hot topic?

I, personally, would just put things together. Like right now, I'm looking for things to help me make a cute witch outfit for Halloween that's all black and white 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Well, I would design it. I love using my sowing needle and thread teehee... I still want to hit my sowing machine for being so difficult though. I'll find out eventually... It would depend on if there's a Halloween Rave that night, if their was then I would design a Graver style costume/outfit, but if i'm just going home afterwards I would make a Victorian Goth style outfit/costume. The reason I say outfit/costume, is because i'd probably wear it on days other than Halloween.

kittysuccubus

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:13 pm
I'd rather not do Hot Topic - too many frail things. And why dress up for Halloween in stuff that a good percentage of mallcores wear every day?

Instead, I'd probably go to the Gaslight Costume Shoppe (whether or not that's Tucson-only, I wouldn't know), Hydra, a thrift store, and a craft shop.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 pm
If I had enough time and the right equipment I'd do it myself. Of course I would also get stuff from different stores, but not the mall.  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:19 pm
The design would be mine, but it's elements would be composed of pre-made items.

First, I'd avoid Hot Topic at all costs (for more reasons than one, none of which I feel going into now). If I had unlimited money, I'd definitely be hitting up the stores online for custom-made or custom-tailored items.

Second, I'd need to have a whole wardrobe. Not just buying a coat and pants; I'd specifically choose everything- socks to cuff links.

Now, what exactly would I buy?

Well, depends. If I were making a costume, it'd be a bit more difficult. If you're just talking about an outfit for a party, I could name off more than a few specific items.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:01 pm
Designing and creating yourself is way more satisfying than making purchases - no matter how good of quality they are.

User Image

MortSanglant

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:18 am
I actually already have the stuff for a costume... not just for halloween, but because I love over the top outfits. Its a fairy costume, that I am adapting from a picture in the pyrmid collection and a pattern 5006 from Simplicty. I will probably add things to it. So it will be a blend of making and buying. But that is how I usually create.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:14 am
i;de design it myself with what i already own and if needed i would hit up my local thrift store they have a HUGE halloween section during sept-oct

chances are i'de end up being a pirate haha pirate  

xX x0mbie Xx

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:09 pm
I have loads of designs ready for making, and not just for Halloween. The only problem is I have no sewing machine crying and my mom says hand sewing is not as strong. So, I can't make any of my costumes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:51 pm
Of course I would design it. Especially if I had enough money to hire someone ELSE to sew it for me... (I do sew my own costumes, but I'm not very good at it...)  

ringwraith10

DR490N

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:59 pm
if my sewing machine is fixed in time i'll make it myself. an online friend of mine is making me a pirate shirt(for everyday wear actually), and i'll probably get some fabric to make myself a tunic, but for a costume i'll make myself some pants and i'll go buy a leather tricorn hat (they actually look wicked awesome on me in real life) and use my harley boots(i'll just unscrew those stupid metal plates on them, or reverse them), and buy a cutlass. Voila! Pirate!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:07 pm
Id do both actually. n.n I would go to a thrift shop to see what clothes I could buy for cheap to use for fabric. n.n Then go to wal mart get acostume and add fabric to it. n.n Last year I made this really cute nurse outfit for a 5 year old girl. I was cute <3 Her mom liked it and so did the child. It was actually similar to gothic lolita style but it was a preppy lolita looking. =?  

Hells Angel

Mettekka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 pm
I'd go to walmart or Joan's fabric store. I haven't got a sewing machine, so I'd do the whole damn thing by hand. (Well, that's what I did for this year's Sadie's at least.)

If I were a vampire or something, I'd buy fangs and makeup, but most of the costume would be made by me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:41 am
I would design mine. It makes it more creative and original. I would actually make my out fit. I also like to use worn down cloths, instead of buying new stuff and wasting money, plus I know people who would help me measure and sow. I don't know what I would be for Halloween though, I haven't dressed up in such a long time.  

Redwing~Shadow

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:23 pm
Make my own, definatly. I already know who i am going to be.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff