I shall try (thanks)
View Results

nightdove

3,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:37 pm
Hey everyone, I have a friend who seems to attract only complete jackasses, and she not only deserves better, she has asked me to try to do a spell for her that gives her the eye to see if someone is a jerk or a good guy.....I've only been practicing paganism for a little over a year, and I have no idea where to look for or how to write a spell like this....so, I come to you......please help!.....Blessed be!.....Belina  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am
You can pretty much judge a person by their aura. Help her learn how to read other people's aura's (if you don't know how, you can easily look it up... I think) and she shouldn't have that problem anymore.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:26 am
Oh you know a thing like that most likely isn't anything that needs magical attention. Counselling, good friends and some self-esteem should do the trick.

Try making sure that someone with objective judgment meets each new potential suitor. Get her into counselling to see why she's always attracted to assholes, and above all try to get the the bottom of the problem.

Magic aint going to help nearly as much as proper, straightforward psych.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:54 am
Pelta
Oh you know a thing like that most likely isn't anything that needs magical attention. Counselling, good friends and some self-esteem should do the trick.

Try making sure that someone with objective judgment meets each new potential suitor. Get her into counselling to see why she's always attracted to assholes, and above all try to get the the bottom of the problem.

Magic aint going to help nearly as much as proper, straightforward psych.

I agree. For the most part, people tend to attract those who reflect how they feel about themselves.  

Boadicia

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 am
Or... perhaps the attraction to assholes has something to do with... maybe... not being ready for a serious lifemate relationship? There's a signifigant difference in what people look for when dating for the sake of dating and dating to actually find a lifemate.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:48 am
Wow... everyone was quick to blame the person who is dating the jerks. I just assumed that the guys ACTED like decent human beings for a while and then showed their true colors once the relationship started or maybe even a few months into it. Youknow someone isn't just going to act like a jerk the first time you meet them. People are devious and pretend to be people they're not to get what they want from others. Once they've got it, they have no need to keep pretending.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

nightdove

3,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:56 pm
Atma311
Wow... everyone was quick to blame the person who is dating the jerks. I just assumed that the guys ACTED like decent human beings for a while and then showed their true colors once the relationship started or maybe even a few months into it. Youknow someone isn't just going to act like a jerk the first time you meet them. People are devious and pretend to be people they're not to get what they want from others. Once they've got it, they have no need to keep pretending.

That's what tends to happen to her...although, she doesn't get into bf/gf relationships, she gets to be their friend, and once she opens up a little to them, they're pissy to her...it might also be due to the fact that she looks for the body...not the guy...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:58 pm
I figured it would be a problem that couldn't be handled through magick, thank you for all of you input, it really helps! biggrin  

nightdove

3,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Flatterer 200

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:30 pm
nightdove
it might also be due to the fact that she looks for the body...not the guy...

Thats exactly the problem.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm
[BlkCat]
nightdove
it might also be due to the fact that she looks for the body...not the guy...

Thats exactly the problem.

Yup. After I read that, I thought to myself, "I stand corrected." It appears she is at fault. No amount of magic can cure something like that. The person has to change that part of herself to avoid future problems.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:37 pm
nightdove
I figured it would be a problem that couldn't be handled through magick, thank you for all of you input, it really helps! biggrin

The point here is that it doesn't have to have a magical solution. We have a lot of technologies and methods at our disposal. Just like you wouldn't use just magic on a broken leg, there is no use for magic on a mental or image problem. Helping to catalyze a change in this person may seem like magic, but it's simply an inner transformation that was waiting to happen.

Basically, try other ways first before you jump to metaphysical notions. If you do end up trying to augment it with a spell of some variety, I would suggest one to improve your friend's confidence or self-image, or to sharpen her judgement. Because if she's confident and can tell what's bull, the jerks won't be able to touch her! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:09 pm
She should look for a person she should have much in common, and there are many ways to tell if a person has proper manners or not. Magick is something that is in human power and it's all about sense to see what kind of person that person it. I thinks it's good for her to take a break from dating and let time come to have that person for her to meet her. I had that happen to me, and I've had my moments with guys who just want control. Truly I think the right person comes in time, and it's all about seeing the common things between two people that makes a good relationship. Friendships are also good starters to see the true personality in a person.  

Redwing~Shadow

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:09 am
Its rather silly to think you can tell a person's personality by looking at them, aura or not you have to get to know them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:03 pm
candle magic might work best for this type of thing,... anoint a candle in your friends fav. color with her favorite oil scent. get something to represent her,... a picture, lock of hair, something to help you visualize. take another candle, red for love, and inscribe the types of things she wants in a guy on the candle with a ritual knife. Everyday light the candles, start `by placing them apart by a few feet. Every day when you light them move them an inch or two closer while meditating. Or maybe do a ritual to help people see her finer qualities,...hope this helped,... magick cant fix anything alone but it can help a situation if you believe in it enough! blessed be!  

Katja Sable

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:28 pm
SiegeDragomon
Its rather silly to think you can tell a person's personality by looking at them, aura or not you have to get to know them.

A good actor/actress can make you believe they're a saint or a devil, but an aura never lies 3nodding  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games