Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you train?
Repeatedly fight single computers
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Fight in free-for-all matches with you and 3 others (computers and/or humans)
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Set a team of people up against you that you repeatedly fight
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Make a complicated system that helps you get better
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Just do whatever you feel like
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
other
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

SSJMole

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:49 am
I think I've got a good schedule for my own training, but I want to hear what you guys do to get your skill in SSBM.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:42 am
I play against better human opponents till i am better than them, then i find someone else better than me biggrin  

Secret Asian Man

Jebrone Kitty

7,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:20 pm
I know people who can beat 3 lvl 9's on a team (any buddy on a team). and they know how to get a lvl 10 character (very cheating computer). No kidding. I will explain how to get them later.
I battle them constintly and i get way better that way. we also learn new tachniques that brings are skill up. I know so many techniques that are very cheating.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:26 am
Jebrone_krono
I know people who can beat 3 lvl 9's on a team (any buddy on a team). and they know how to get a lvl 10 character (very cheating computer). No kidding. I will explain how to get them later.
I battle them constintly and i get way better that way. we also learn new tachniques that brings are skill up. I know so many techniques that are very cheating.
me with zelda can ha  

[ice cube]

Jason the Samurai Knight

Unbeatable Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:58 pm
I would face young link Roy and Marth and the same time in a 3 on 1 match. I would be Link. top level 2  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:59 pm
The best way to train in the long run is to duel people meaning you play
1 on 1. This way you get to know your opponents character better and can learn how to fight that one. It's also the best way to get to know your character since you don't have to look out for people trying get in a cheap smash and kill you all the time.

By the way, playing four people sucks. You won't learn anything by that in the long run, though it's ok the first 500 hours or so.

AND, beating the computer won't help you s**t either in the end. The computer is to stupid to use mindgames against and mindgames is often far more important than being able to pull off shffl'd uairs and stuff...
And seriously, beating three lvl 9's against doesn't mean s**t now does it?
It just means you can fool the heck out of the computer.  

Puchiko_chan

Chaos_Dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:29 pm
My brother and I are sparring partners. We know each other so well that our battles typically look like a violent ballet. Some of my friends are ok but know nothing of predictability.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:35 pm
hmmm for me training is finding wat moves they ussally do and avoiding them or finding there patterns in the way they do there combos ....  

Okiran

Fliarre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:03 pm
When I was in my major SSBM phase, I used to come home every day from school and play, just training. When I got bored, I would go to the flat field (the one where you fight the Master Hand, I'm sorry that I've forgotten) (in Training Mode) and just throw a bunch of Pokeballs at Zelda as Link. I really, really hate her. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:33 pm
bump  

redraven11

The Witch King of Angmar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:12 pm
I just do a random battle on the smallest level and set all the enemies to high diff.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:03 pm
Yo, Mole! I train against three level 9 opponents on a team.  

Sephiroths_kid

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:27 pm
practicing against other people, until im better than them, and then i like to practice in lightining melee, it teaches you think faster, so you can react better, plus since i use roy, i can also counter better by teaching me how to predict other peoples strategies  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:46 am
Level 10 computer?! I thought it was only legend... please... tell me more...

And I usually do one of two things...

A) fight my girlfriend, who glomps my a** everytime we play.

B) Fight computers, 3 on 1 team.

Elana (girlfriend) fights as Zelda, everytime. And I'm usually Ganondorf. And don't tell me he's a bad char. Ganondorf is an AWESOME power house. And he's only slow if you think he's slow. 3nodding  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Sephiroths_kid

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:08 am
SilentBlackTiger
Level 10 computer?! I thought it was only legend... please... tell me more...

And I usually do one of two things...

A) fight my girlfriend, who glomps my a** everytime we play.

B) Fight computers, 3 on 1 team.

Elana (girlfriend) fights as Zelda, everytime. And I'm usually Ganondorf. And don't tell me he's a bad char. Ganondorf is an AWESOME power house. And he's only slow if you think he's slow. 3nodding

My friend, thank you for supporting Ganondorf and what I try to say!  
Techniques

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff