Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply Tutorials & Resources
[general] Want good deals on paid hosting?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yay!
  O:
View Results

Synthroxide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:22 am
As we all start off our website on free servers, we wonder of what good paid hosting there is and how you could get a domain. First of all, if you'd like to get paid hosting, I would strongly suggest http://dreamhost.com. DreamHost provides a large amount of space for a cheap price (about 160GB disk space and 1700GB bandwidth for the smallest plan)! They have great technical support and an easy-to-use control panels.
If you want to create subdomains for yourself or for others, they host unlimited subdomains and domains.
And get this, your disk space increases 1GB per week and about 16GB bandwidth per week for the smallest plan. This is a great host if you're wanting to open up a HUGE site, or host people. 8D
There are also on-click installation of software like WordPress, and other software.
And when you do register for your paid hosting, you get your own domain free for a year, if you don't already have one. After the one-year free domain ends, it's just $9.95 to get it renewed for another year.
Oh, and Dreamhost has a 97 money-back gurantee. So all your payments that you've made within 97 days is refunded. 0:
Dreamhost supports PHP, CGI, SSI, Unix Shell, Ruby, and much more.

Now, if you'd like to just get your own domain name, go to GoDaddy.com and there, you'll find good deals. Like, for a .com/.net/.org, it's only $8.95 per year. biggrin

I hope this little article came in handy. It isn't exactly a tutorial, but it could help someone out searching for paid hosting. ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh wow.
Awesome.
You should be a sales person, you've sold me to this.

I've never really made a website before though, only profiles and shops and other small bits and pieces.

Shangrilicious

Synthroxide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:40 am
Shangri-La`
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh wow.
Awesome.
You should be a sales person, you've sold me to this.

I've never really made a website before though, only profiles and shops and other small bits and pieces.

O: Maybe that's my future job! 8D

Well, if you know how to make profiles, you can easily make a website. Except that the majority of your website will be in HTML rather than CSS.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:54 am

Yeah, I know.
I have Dreamweaver, and a html genius as a friend though, so it won't be too hard.. hopefully.
Then again i hate html.
D':

You're website is awesome.
O:

<3

Shangrilicious

Synthroxide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:10 pm
Shangri-La`

Yeah, I know.
I have Dreamweaver, and a html genius as a friend though, so it won't be too hard.. hopefully.
Then again i hate html.
D':

You're website is awesome.
O:

<3

I've never used Dreamweaver. xD
I hate HTML too. Along with CSS. And I especially hate PHP. @_@;

O: Thanks~ 8D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:43 pm

Yeah, CSS is tedious.
I used to be on imvu, and learnt a bit of coding there. I got high off coding. I just made me really guddy and happy all of a sudden.
Rly.
I am too strange.

Shangrilicious

B e l o v e d H i i r o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:18 pm
D: dreamhost is a very good website hoster :]
I agree 100%  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:08 am
Gah, don't you need to know FTP?
Someone should make a FTP tutorial here. >_>  

grr ima ninja

Miss Timbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:36 pm
ohh ftp tutorial..i should make us one xDD
i've been using ftp for awhile now. and its really not that hard at all. xP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:33 pm
Cool, I get free hosting from a service because I used to do graphics projects for them, I have about 20gb of bandwidth for free and about 100mb or so of space. I may, eventually, upgrade to their smallest paid plans. 3nodding In the past I discussed possible ad placement on my site, ads that they'd own, to help pay for my portion.  

Lazy Brandon

Sidhe the Unfeeling
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 am
Crew Approved! Still a relevant thread!  
Tutorials & Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff