Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
If someone were to break the TOS...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

manna manna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:04 am
... continuously, within my guild, can I still report them to the Gaia Admins? I realize as a Guild Captain, I'm responsible for deleting all posts that go against the TOS, but what if they continuously break the rules? How long can harmful posts remain in my guild before Gaia takes action to close my guild?

Nothing has happened yet. My guild isn't even open, but I'm asking this because I would like to have a public guild; but I don't want people posting in my guild to break the TOS and get my guild taken away from me.

I'm the only Captain (the Vice Captains simply being other/older accounts just in case something happens), though I may be able to have a friend Vice/Mod for me. So at most, I'd have 2 people I could rely on to keep the board safe. I'm not saying my guild will be that popular, but I'm just paranoid and don't want my guild to be taken away when I spent 20k on it.

EDIT: I apologize! I could have sworn I posted this in the Questions & Assistance subforum.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:00 am
Actually, as long as you catch the violations and delete them immediately, your guild should be safe. The posting member is the one that gets reported, and will be banned for 14 days for moderately severe violations, but could be banned forever, if continues upon return. I would recommend after giving one final warning to the person to stop the violations, BAN him/her. That is the safest way to protect your guild!
As for making anyone else a vice captain, be very aware that a vice captain can take possession of your guild and demote and then ban you. Only have persons you totally trust as a vice captain.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

manna manna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:54 am
Thank you for your advice! I didn't realize a person could still be reported in a guild. I feel more at ease now.

So in order for a ban to take on affect, the guild has to be at least private, correct? I'm still trying to decide which is better for me: public or private. If I must, I'll make it private, but I want to try public and see how it works first.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:39 pm
You can ban anyone from posting, even in a public guild. Got to membership list, type in their name and there is a button to click to ban from public posting.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:35 am
Actually, if you're going to be reporting that person, I wouldn't delete the thread/post unless it happens to be a highly active one made by another member. Move it to a crew only section for proof when you report them. After the report is done, you can probably delete it (since admins can access even deleted threads, if I remember correctly).

mamarita is right though... You can still ban people from posting in a public guild. Just do a search for their name in your guild members tab. They might come up as a non-member, but you can still ban them from posting in a public guild. xd  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games