Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Pepsi + Working Singer Protege = Martha Washington's Dress!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:36 pm
Okay, I've discussed this before, for a school project I was doing Martha Washington, well, I was up 'til 2am and up earlyish so I could finish (My dad ironed my dress, lol), and I wore it to school today for presentations of the culminating project! =D

Here is my Martha Washington dress:

User Image

(Yes, I'm part of today's youth...I was gonna blur out my face but I'm too lazy. XD )  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:55 pm
I loved when ever I "had" to do some thing crafty for school.
like the last time we did a history project, I made a really fun costume... ever other person just used bed sheet's and called it a toga. neutral sad, sad people.  

Lee Kushrenada

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:21 pm
Sheets turned Toga? LAAAMMMMEEE! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:35 am
That turned out nicely Kyoko! Bed sheet togas? I thought that was reserved for drunken college students. rofl  

Silver Sunrise

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:49 am
I haven't seen a bedsheet toga in four years of undergrad and 2 years of grad school...

But I like that Martha Washington dress! Very nice and simple...not the fancy things that most people like to think were worn back then!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:11 am
We had to make costumes twice in high school for ancient day and medival day. Mine were decent (I was 11, so not quite the seamtress I am now xd ), but one guy kicked butt both times. Why? His mom was a costume designer for the muppets! ^^  

Silver Mist

Fionamule

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 pm
Silver Sunrise
That turned out nicely Kyoko! Bed sheet togas? I thought that was reserved for drunken college students. rofl

a good crafter learns from all places! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 am
Nicely done ^_^

(I'm a sheet toga fan, myself ^_^ But you can't forget the tie; the tie is essential!)  

Mangolyn

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:26 pm
Speaking of bed sheets....Thats what the dress' material is, lol. My mom refused to take me to Jo Ann's to get material and the next best thing that I had available was bed sheets. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm
It is with eternal shame (and a bit of cocky, heh, those were good times) that I admit that I've worn a bed sheet toga, completely sober. My high school marching band always wound up practising on Halloween, so it was tradition to have a costume competition. It was also tradition that all the seniors would wear bed sheet toga's as a group. Our theme was "sheets that shouldn't be worn as toga's" so there were cabbage patch kids, plaid flannel, Raggedy Andy, etc toga's that night.

The dress is very nice Kyoko- and it belies it's bedsheet origins!  

Blue-eyes-green

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 pm
Cabbage Patch Togas? LOL Nice! XD  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out