Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
An Apology for being inactive...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I a orible person for not continuing here?
  YES!!!
  No
View Results

born2rock16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:51 am
Merry day to all!
Hello! I am sorry that I have not been on in a while, the end of the school year took up more of my time then usual, and with summer being here, it's so hot, I can hardely think straight any more. I feel bad that I have lost touch with all of my learnings, and am very very sorry that I stopped keeping touch with you wonderful people so suddenly.
Well how have all of you been? Is there anything different that I need to know about the guild?
Well, it's pretty much the same here. My family did suffer a loss, My Aunt's mother, whom we all got close to, her name was DeeDee, but we try to think of the good times, and only the good memories that always kept her striving through her last days.
I have tried to remind myself of the things that I have learned, but it has been hard. I'm trying to build up knowledge and understandings of the wiccan religion, but not just wiccan religion, many of the pagan religions, and of just witchcraft alone.

One thing that I was wondering, was that, considering I'm still very new to all of this, and not trying to be a pest, but trying to find the True, Real information, would any of you mind posting some websites that have stable and truthful information, or websites that you have found useful in your studies in any pagan religions?

I hope to get back on track, and I hope to talk to you all again very soon! Blessed be! heart
~Britt  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 am
Truthful information? Any info you find will be truthful from someone's perspective; discerning the kind of absolute truth you seem to be asking for isn't a simple matter. What's more important is to know how to assess the perspective a source is coming from. I've found valuable things from all sorts of sources with all sorts of backgrounds, both academic and non. There's even valuable stuff in works by authors that tend to be scapegoated as terrible! Once you read a variety of stuff you get a sense for what sorts of things suit you best. Particularly for the spiritual, it's experiential so 'truth' is very personal. Unless you're talking history, source isn't as important as the ideas presented.

For history, or if you want an academic take, anything you'll find in a University library will generally be good. Their collections lean towards academic criteria so are generally good sources (or were once used as pivitol sources in a given field and are good to read to see the progression of ideas).  

Starlock
Crew

Protectress

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 pm
sorry yeah, i know this is your thread, but if i made my own it'd be the same title...

anyhow, i am sorry that i've been inactive for...well quite a while....this last year was my senior year, and it was crazy...i hope to be more active now, but i am not sure how that effort will go, because im trying to get a job, but i felt i should post something now that im on... and also, since im posting, to ask if anyone has advice for meditation.... i've tried everything, including patience, that i know of, but i can't seem to properly meditate! also, my parents are hardcore christian, so any help would be greatly appreciated..  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:18 pm
Protectress
sorry yeah, i know this is your thread, but if i made my own it'd be the same title...

anyhow, i am sorry that i've been inactive for...well quite a while....this last year was my senior year, and it was crazy...i hope to be more active now, but i am not sure how that effort will go, because im trying to get a job, but i felt i should post something now that im on... and also, since im posting, to ask if anyone has advice for meditation.... i've tried everything, including patience, that i know of, but i can't seem to properly meditate! also, my parents are hardcore christian, so any help would be greatly appreciated..

How are you going about meditating? There are many forms of meditation. It can involve sitting on your butt 'clearing your mind' in silence or vigorous dance to music. The general point is to bring about a state of non-judgemental awareness (usually focused on one thing or one general goal), not total lack of awareness. Try some guided meditations. There are two podcasts that offer guided meditations that I know of and you can download them for free:

Meditation Oasis
Use this one first; it's more generalized in terms of its audience and will start you out with more of the basics.

Wynyfryd's meditation Room
Many of these are more Neopagan oriented, and some of these are a bit more avanced (they're more along the lines of journey work than a meditation, but journeying can be done whilst in meditation).

Check out www.meetup.com for meditation groups in your area. Go to one or two.  

Starlock
Crew

born2rock16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:09 pm
Protectress

Oh, lol, yeah, it's hard to differ titles sometimes, it's all cool.

As for meditating, I searched google and found some ways that worked for me. Is there a really a way to truely meditate, I mean I thought that it was what ever worked for you....hmm....I don't know. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 pm
thank you for your advice. also, what i meant by truly meditate is to simply be thinking of nothing...to have my mind clear ( I hope that makes sense in the way that I mean it), not to lose awareness and not one defined method of doing it. I've tried a few different things from sites or books, and I've also tried my own improvisation, but none of it seems to work, and when I say tried I mean more than once over a course of at least a month. I've also tried things like taking a walk at night, by myself. I will, however look at the links you put...  

Protectress

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff