Reply ~ Main Forum ~
training of a goth? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:52 pm
This little girl likes to hang out with me and my girlfriend,when we first met her she asked if we where vampires,i said yes and she liked to hang out with us every now and then.we got her from wearing pink dresses to asking her mom to buy her black jeans and black or red or pink shirts.one day she came to school with a little chain from the bathtub (you know the little chain on the plug)it was so funny and cute.

anyone else have siblings or little friends they try to make goth?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:38 pm
From the chain thing, it sounds like she's already beginning in DIY xd

Anyway, I don't really train anyone... mostly because I haven't really seen any in my family who would be interested in goth (aside, perhaps, from my stepdad, who still likes several of the eighties goth rock bands).  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:33 am
I've had my fair share of people ask me questions about how to be gothier. How it annoys me so!

For quite some time, I had a girl who wanted to be just like me... it was flattering, though immensively annoying.

When she found out that I was a vegetarian, she decided to give up meat as well. She seemed pretty resolute in her decision, so I wrote a decent length paper on vegetarian nutrition for her, but in the end she didn't heed a word I said. She ended up getting sick because of it and having to quit the diet.

Later on she decided she wanted to be a goth. I know that she isn't the type to be a real goth, but I decided to, fashion-wise, point her in the right direction (since she has always been thorughally impressed by my wardrobe). I told her how wonderful goodwill is, and told her about things to look for at normal shops. The next week she came crying to me about how her mom thinks that Hot Topic is too expensive, even though I hadn't even mentioned Hot Topic when I had spoken to her.

Thank goodness I rarely see that girl.

She's a nice person and such, but she is quite draining and rather annoying.

As for other minions, I have my friend Ali, whom I believe I have influenced heavily. Not so much in fashion and music, but in hobbies and taste in literature. I've gotten her into chess, Shakespeare, sudoku, thrift shopping, sewing, painting, and so much more...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:45 am
I generally will introduce people to it when they're interested in knowing, but more often than not, people are more interested in the look than in the actual culture. Also, largely, I've found that the majority of people who come to me looking for information are mallgoths who tell me "******** off!" the moment I say that Marilyn Manson's music isn't goth-rock... Not much of a motivation for me to inform.  

GilAskan
Crew

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:19 am
I'm pretty sure that Angie got her gothitude from me. Of course, we're pretty much confined to keeping our gothitude in the wardrobe and the earphones because of our parental units, but I'm pretty sure she got most of it from me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:41 pm
aw, thats cute, I love how younger ones can be. At my school theres a few girls in a couple grades below me that always come up to me saying "look look!" and they'll show me their black nails and stuff. Its sweet. I like how young they are and they dont judge.  

destinygirl_8

Slayer Igraine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:57 pm
My little cousin likes copying me. I have no real interest in training him - but if he's gonna apply eyeliner, I'm gonna make sure he does a half-decent job.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:12 pm
well i havn't had any one to want to do anything like that. Well there is one girl my friends and i know who tries to be goth, but she so is not and thinks she is all that and that we are the wanna bes. She thinks that to be goth you have to wear the make up all the time and wer black all the time and even for a second that you don't you are not goth.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:25 pm
PNeoQueen
well i havn't had any one to want to do anything like that. Well there is one girl my friends and i know who tries to be goth, but she so is not and thinks she is all that and that we are the wanna bes. She thinks that to be goth you have to wear the make up all the time and wer black all the time and even for a second that you don't you are not goth.

Radical mallgoths: entertainment for the rest of us [/arrogant statement]

But anyway, you could probably try to explain the whole "music-not-fashion" thing to her, if she'll listen.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Ive had a few friends who have kids that try to immitate my style of clothes and whatnot the parents being open-minded dont care what their children wear or listen to. I love my little ones!!  

goblin_ninja

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:32 am
There was a chick last year and this year for a semester, that was all fine and preppy at the beginning of last year, and all of a sudden (attempts) dyes her hair black with temporary black, turns it purple (she was blonde) and then tries to dye it black, but it just turns orange. And she also starts pretty much copying everything I wear.

I'm sorry to say this, but she was really an arrogant b***h. She might be here somewhere on Gaia, but although I hope not D;

Otherwise, I have no other followers, unfortunately. But it's okay, since all of my friends and I seem to get along.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:42 am
sashomeru78
This little girl likes to hang out with me and my girlfriend,when we first met her she asked if we where vampires,i said yes and she liked to hang out with us every now and then.we got her from wearing pink dresses to asking her mom to buy her black jeans and black or red or pink shirts.one day she came to school with a little chain from the bathtub (you know the little chain on the plug)it was so funny and cute.

anyone else have siblings or little friends they try to make goth?
nope but thats preety funny.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:03 am
GilAskan
I generally will introduce people to it when they're interested in knowing, but more often than not, people are more interested in the look than in the actual culture. Also, largely, I've found that the majority of people who come to me looking for information are mallgoths who tell me "******** off!" the moment I say that Marilyn Manson's music isn't goth-rock... Not much of a motivation for me to inform.

Funny...the same thing happens to me.

I have a few friends who think that some goth fashion can be lovely, and so they ask me for pointers sometimes whenever they decide to go a little gothier.

I've unknowingly influenced my brother musically. He now likes heavy metal and rock n' roll. He's seven and one of his favorite bands is AC/DC, he also likes DragonForce. I was just listening to it one day and he walks in, and is instantly converted!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:18 am
-Resurrected Writer-
PNeoQueen

Radical mallgoths: entertainment for the rest of us [/arrogant statement]

But anyway, you could probably try to explain the whole "music-not-fashion" thing to her, if she'll listen.

No no no...you can't explain those things to people like her. She'll just blow you off and say "oh you're not a real goth then". Maybe if she is a pretty damn good friend she will listen and if you have the "power of persuasion."

Make your point clear that you can dress in a gothic style but not be a member of the goth subculture. Also try to clear some stereotypes away from her mind please, the whole "goth=black clothing" thing...for the sake of the rest of us...

There should be a new music genera: mallgoth. Marliyn Manson and KoRn would be under that. (that's half a joke people!)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 am
Slayer Igraine
My little cousin likes copying me. I have no real interest in training him - but if he's gonna apply eyeliner, I'm gonna make sure he does a half-decent job.
Great quote!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces