will you be a goth forever?
  i do not know,time will tell
  just a fad for me
  ya.for shure!
  WhU75 4 g07h??????????
View Results

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:30 am
i find being goth will not wear off on me around 17-18.i think im going to be goth as an adult aswell.i am fascinated with gothic and could never think of dressing normal again(though i find it scary thinking of me being an old goth 80 yr old....ewwww)

what about you? goth forever,or just a wave in the ocean?

p.s.for you adults that are goth (21+) congratulations!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:31 am
Yeah I've been goth since I was 14 and I'm 21 now. I love my clothing, music and all things considered goth to give it up. Sadly I have to make compromises when it comes to work but hey thats life.  

Lady Detarra

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:19 pm
from what my dad told me. I had been goth since i was 5 and am now almost 21. I used to wear the make up all the time. I still wear the black clothes and stuff, but just not the make up as much because it takes too long and cames off to fast so just a little black eye liner and black i shadow and i am good. lol. I do wear 'normal clothes when i am working at a job or cleaning the house, but that is the only time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:01 pm
I'm not really a 'fad' person, once I 'get into' something, my interest in it stays - regardless of what it be - poi, card tricks, occult philosophy, or dressing in a certain manner. My style might change slightly (might go from 'lolita goth' to 'victorian goth' or something; but eh. Something very, very drastic would have to happen for me to suddenly lose interest in the gothic-subculture.  

Slayer Igraine

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:47 pm
Well I plan to dress the same way I do now for a quite a while. When I grow older, I will continue dress dark but i'll make sure it suits my age and is somewhat elegant. :]

There is a teacher in my school who is goth. Shes so awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:20 pm
I'm 20 and still dress goth. I'm however finding the occasions to dress the way I want are dwindling as I have been thrust upon the real world, which is probably why most people stop as they get older. In high school it's cool to make a statement, but it's not appropriate at the work place.  

Mopy McMope

batgirlforever

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:27 pm
I hate hw our cultue today is trying to get rid of all the individuality that we try to find so despertly in our teens. First they tell us be unique then we find what we fit into then when we gratuate no one will hire some one with size zero gages, or with a tatoo, or if a guy where's makeup. Idk maybe I not making any sense at all but Idk.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:10 pm
Amen to that, batgirlforever.

I found out about the goth subculture about a year and a half ago, and became instantly entranced by it. My mother hopes it's a phase, but I hope to the contrary. I do not know myself, or the changes in my life, but I have always been engrossed in things of a... shall we say different... nature.

For instance, the theory that the world would be better off without humanity has been with me since, oh, I dunno, I think 4-5 years now... And I've always loved death, and most things that cause it (to humans).  

Bloody Loon

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:32 pm
....hmm....a difficult thing to question....afterall....the future holds many possibilities......even if we lose our physical stylings, our underlying attatchment to the subculture will most likely shine through it.......others may wish to change our styles of clothing, so be it....but thats all anyone can truely change unless we are influenced.....

....I personally think I will change as I get older....but not away from who I am or what I believe...in fact....I believe that I am just beginning to find myself even now.....why would I give that up to age?....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:34 pm
Damn...
thats a hard question...
O_o
I feel pulverized from
this simple question...  

L3ts S3t Th3 Stag3 OnF1re

L Kook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 pm
To me its not a fad. Goth is something that will stay with me forever.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:25 am
I'm always reluctant to answer this question given the relation of other's answers to their actual actions.

I would guess that about 99% of teen goths claim they'll be into it for the rest of their life. I also suspect that 90% of teen goths will be "out of it" by age 25.  

GilAskan
Crew

DoubleTrouble10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:51 pm
Actually, I'm some what goth, somewhat emo, and somewhat punk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:56 pm
I've dressed dark since 4th grade and still going. [going to be a junior in high school. Whoot!] And Im still dark, but according to my friend I have gotten more darker then usual. O.o Im not shure if thats a compliment or an insult. =/ All well. Im probably going to remain what I am until Im 40 or something. :3  

Hells Angel

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:28 pm
So far, it hasn't worn off... I'm 17 now...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff