Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply Tutorials & Resources
[Profile] Ideas and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gloss and Curls

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:41 am
Welcome this Is Just Some Profile Advice

I have to Offer I would love if you posted suggestions to improve it!

These days profiles are getting more and more creative... to create a truly unique it's best to take a couple of days and lots of ideas. Never go with the first one! Anybody can create a profile like the one I have or the ones on tektek, but the truly memorable profiles are the highly unusual ones. I have seen a sidekick profile, a windows media player profile which was awesome, and of course the coolest one ever the text adventure game profile that was feature in the spotlight like 6months to a year ago.

Colors

These Days gaians like more subdued colors like earthy colors, pastels, and anything with a slight grey tone. Over done color schemes get old quick such as black and red is annoyingly cliche'.

Colors that look good Together:Black or White goes with anything, but looks best with duller colors, because of the stark contrast. All earth colors go well together. And color schemes that are one color, but use many shades. If you do decide to pick colors that don't really work together at least make one dull. My favorite none matching colors are pink and yellow, talk about a retina burner. Complimentary colors work well too, such as purple and yellow, green and red, blue and orange... each one of these has a secondary and a primary. So you can alter the secondary to lean more towards the one primary than the other. Also try to use either warm colors or cool, a mixture of the two can sometimes look muddy. If you do decide to use a mixture make the background the cool and the sections the warm... this will add the right depth as warm colors appear closer than cool colors

Cool colors: Purple, Blue, Green
Warm Colors: Yellow, Orange, Red

Biggest Profile Beefs:

Multimedia: Let's say you are in the Profile Discussion Board and You ask to have your Profile Rated. The Biggest Complaint will probably be that your multimedia is on autoplay. I personally love mine on autoplay so I don't care, but if you do you need to take autoplay off.

Scrolling: Having too many scroll bars get annoying I would say if there are over 3 there are too many and these 3 should be the about, comments, and friends if you want them displayed.

V2 Profiles: Thaking a Bunch of Pictures and your friends avatars and Posting them up then wasting the Profile Discussion's Time by having people rate your "mess", it just always looks aweful and n00bish.

My Biggest Profile Beef: Having a Really Sweet Profile and a regular Status Bar I am always like Gosh just about 10mins of coding and your profile would be perfect!

Trends:

Multimedia: There is a major shift from youtube videos to playlists from www.myflashfetish.com , this is because you can make the chameleon any color you want with a transparent background and it is very sleek.

Custom Sections: In these you can post your mini shops, recipes, patches and more...they are grrrrrrreat!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 am
Crew Approved! Still a relevant thread!  

Sidhe the Unfeeling
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
Tutorials & Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash