Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you still in school?
  Yes
  No
View Results

infektionxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:10 am
Is anyone here still in school? I'm in Year 9 and am looking for tips and etc. for looking more gothic in school. We have to wear uniforms and can't have unnatural hair colour, so that limits it a bit. stare Also cool makeup ideas! heart
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Any funny stories regarding school or teachers etc.? ...Or ways to help stop bullies crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:10 am
Count it as a blessing that you can't have an unnatural hair colour. While it looks good when done properly, dying your hair - no matter how careful you are or high end the products are - is bad for your hair. But if you want to dye your hair to look "darker", just try black or a dark brown - sometimes black washes people out.

That aside.

You can always add jewelry that gives you a bit of an individual flare. Scour your antique shops or hippie shops - any unique shop really - for rings or necklaces that stand out. Or make your own. That's even more satisfying.

For makeup, don't coat yourself in it. Sometimes just a nice dusting of black eye shadow and a bit of lipstick can make you look "dark". Try experimenting with liquid black designs or mixing nifty colours on your eye lids. Find a nice red shade that compliments your skin tone for your lips. I find a deep red goes nicely with my skin. Or a Gwen Stefani red. No black.
If I'm ever feeling dry on ideas I sometimes take time to look at pictures of visual kei artists or Suicide Girls for inspiration.

Back to the hair, ribbons can be really fun for decorating your head. Combined with your uniform and makeup, you could really get an innocent dark dollie/school girl look going. Also, try a funky new hair do. If you can't dye it crazy, style it crazy. Find a style that you can do a variety with.

There's a lot you can do to keep your individuality - visually - while still being confined to only a uniform.

And, of course, just be you. =]

User Image

MortSanglant

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:01 am
I'm a senior in high-school. woot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:35 am
MortSanglant
Count it as a blessing that you can't have an unnatural hair colour. While it looks good when done properly, dying your hair - no matter how careful you are or high end the products are - is bad for your hair. But if you want to dye your hair to look "darker", just try black or a dark brown - sometimes black washes people out.

That aside.

You can always add jewelry that gives you a bit of an individual flare. Scour your antique shops or hippie shops - any unique shop really - for rings or necklaces that stand out. Or make your own. That's even more satisfying.

For makeup, don't coat yourself in it. Sometimes just a nice dusting of black eye shadow and a bit of lipstick can make you look "dark". Try experimenting with liquid black designs or mixing nifty colours on your eye lids. Find a nice red shade that compliments your skin tone for your lips. I find a deep red goes nicely with my skin. Or a Gwen Stefani red. No black.
If I'm ever feeling dry on ideas I sometimes take time to look at pictures of visual kei artists or Suicide Girls for inspiration.

Back to the hair, ribbons can be really fun for decorating your head. Combined with your uniform and makeup, you could really get an innocent dark dollie/school girl look going. Also, try a funky new hair do. If you can't dye it crazy, style it crazy. Find a style that you can do a variety with.

There's a lot you can do to keep your individuality - visually - while still being confined to only a uniform.

And, of course, just be you. =]

[/img]

besides the hair advice, im with morty on this one. Dont go over board on the make up unless you want to look like a cheap pervert's dream of a "naughty school girl"

Ribbons for the hair is awesome, you can also try dreads.
If you really want to dye your hair a color ( and i totally understand the urge to have dyed hair)all natural shades are open to you. Doesnt mean they have to look natural on you.
Remeber natural hair color is the following: white, blond, orange, red, brown and black.
although ive had blond friends who dye their hair green and "claim they swim too much"

you can go punk rocker, roll up your sleeves and pin them into place with a bunch of buttons and pins.

try anything funky yet removable. toe the line and see how much you can get away with. wink  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

AngelOnDeathRow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:26 pm
i'm in a 6th form college where we have to wear 'buisness like attire' which basiclaly means a suit, little makeup and no large and noticable jewlerry.

I usually wear a white or black ruffled top with my pentagram or ankh and a black suit. My makeup cna't be anything i normally have a weekend thoguh which sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 pm
I'm in the eigth grade. A dark but not too dark nailpolish might do.  

DarkHeartMoon

4,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Myzaree_Mistress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:03 pm
10th here cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:51 pm
I'm going to be a senior. Hell yeah!!!!!!! twisted  

Beatngufan

Bubonic Plagues zOMG mule

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:05 pm
I'm a 9th grader. domokun Try Rebeling like I did when my parents put me in a all girl christan school. If they don't like the way you look then to bad. It's your body, your life. Do what you want. Go to the extream, Wear your normal clothes, black and white makeup and leather boots. ((that's an example of me)) Just wear what you like. Just because they don't like it doesnt mean the world is going to end. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:28 pm
Going into the 11th grade, myself.
I'd go with MortSanglant's recommendations.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:47 pm
Woot! I'm a senior. mrgreen

Well seeing how your school limits such dress, it's really common to see the kids at my high school dress up very individually. It's not uncommon to see some teens in Tripp pants, if they can afford them, wearing dark make-up with eyeliner streaks down the cheek, and seeing them with the band labeled t-shirts. Our schools have really no limit, just as long as it covers the body. I would probably go with wearing some jewelry, like rings, and necklesses, that would suit you. I like to wear Celtic jewelry, but that's just me. You can find gothic jewelry though if you know where to look. I wouldn't say go out and spend money on expensive cloths, just because I know what it's like to be poor and really I don't care for those flashy pants and what not. Stick with basic, and clothing that you have. Be creative with what you got. That's what I do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:38 am
Im in year 9 but Im home schooled now so I dress how I like,I used to go to public school then christian school...I had to wear the UGLIEST uniform at Christian school..It wasnt even like a regular uniform  

Awesome Akwardness

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:15 am
i'm gonna be a junior!!! whee
you'll surprised what a pack of safety pins can do for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:38 pm
I'm a Senior myself =] I don't have a problem with trying to get the goth look on, but sometimes they try to tell me my pants are illegal -_-;  

DioRte

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces