Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Is it like this for you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you?
  Yeah!
  I <3 Hoard & Store
  Eh, Kinda
View Results

nax is back

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:10 pm
Today I went to Michaels and they had an AWESOME sale on yarn. Icelandic Jewels and Elf Eyelash yarn was on sale for .99!!! I was so happy! And I found some Dreamy Chenille for around $6!! When I got home, I pulled my yarn out of the bag and put i in my basket! So my question is, do any of you guys get the happy fuzzy feeling inside when you buy yarn? Or, do you guys like to hoard and store? Cause I stock up when there is a sale.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:21 pm
I heart buying yarn. I jsut found out that the next building over from my husband's restaurant has a yarn shop in it. whee (We always come at it from the back, so I never noticed until I walked past the front.)

My warm fuzzy feeling came from buying almost all of the Adriafil Stars that Webs had in stock. sweatdrop  

AriRashkae

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:36 pm
I feel almost guilty, because I'm a money horder and buying anything non-essential oftwn feels.. wrong. But yarn, beads, and fabric tend to be my exceptions. ^^ So i feel happy, but there is a slightly, niggling guilt.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:19 pm
I should learn to knit.  

Half Baked SF

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm
I actually bought a box to put all my yarn in. I was running out of room in my misc drawer. sweatdrop

(I buy my yarn from Etsy or Knitpicks.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:59 pm
I just buy It from Michaels. Only this yarn I actually bought from Hobby Lobby. The tiny little basket i had my yarn in is starting to overflow..... sweatdrop  

nax is back

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:24 am
I love yarn...and I'm not picky about what I buy, either :p I lurv garage sale yarn- you know, HUGE bags of miscellaneous whatever for $5. And sale yarn.

Every time I go someplace on a trip or vacation, I try to come home with yarn. It's a great way to remember the place. When I went to Montreal, I got some gorgeous blue angora for 50% off 3nodding It's going to become fingerless gloves soon ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 am
Ooo, that's cool!

Has anyone used Chenille? I'm working with it right now, and I love it! Granted you have to be carefull because if you pull on it too hard the red fuzzy comes off and you're left with white string. stressed It's tough but oh so soft,  

nax is back

Tinuvial

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:50 am
nax is back
Ooo, that's cool!

Has anyone used Chenille? I'm working with it right now, and I love it! Granted you have to be carefull because if you pull on it too hard the red fuzzy comes off and you're left with white string. stressed It's tough but oh so soft,

oOo, you're a braver woman than I! Chenille has so little give that my hands will start to ache after I work with it for a while. Plus, it can be challenging to weave in the ends discreetly. I must agree though, the final knitted piece is incredibly touchable. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 am
nax is back
Icelandic Jewels and Elf Eyelash

Those are some really cute names! xd

Hmm I've never stocked yarn, but I'd sure do If I came across such a sale!
I'm a newbie knitter, so for now I'm fiddling with mom's 25-year old yarn stock ninja  

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:29 pm
Yarn sales (and fabric sales) are a girls best friend. 4laugh

I learned to knit recently, and I now love yarn, lol. XD

Next time I see yarn on sale I'm probably gonna be like "D= CHEAP YARN! DAD GIVE ME YOUR WALLET! *buys*"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:07 pm
I've only bought like one skein of yarn since I started knitting - I pretty much just steal/borrow the yarn the library's knitting club has...they have so much donated it isn't even funny, so they don't mind. I pretty much keep it for extended periods of time then give it back. xd  

The Star is Vain

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 am
Drawers? baskets? eek

Now I feel greedy. I have one of those huge plastic totes and half a dozen of those giant popcorn tins of yarn, and about 7-8 baskets of varying size (1 is really tiny) holding my "flashier" yarns on the entertainment center and coffee table.

And that doesn't get into all the yarn my Grandmother has in her attic that I have free access too. sweatdrop

Oh, and upddate on the new LYS: It's called Twin Hearts Handworks (it's not just a LYS, but that's a majority of the floor), and Barbara, the girl who was there yesterday, says the owner was looking for sample knitters and pays in store credit. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:27 am
i have a box of yarn that's about the size of one of those big popcorn tins you can get around christmas...it's overflowing...>.>;;  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:07 pm
I just buy whatever yarn I need for a project, plus an extra skein since I tend to have a loose tension. I'm actually trying to use up the majority of my current stash so I'll have less to move next summer.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff