Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
JULY CONTEST Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OH THE DRAMA!!
  :dramallama:
View Results

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:27 pm
Our contest for the month of July is Romance/Drama. All video entries must be romantic or dramatic in some way, shape, or form.

All entries must be in by the 31th of July ((Unless otherwise stated)). Voting will begin August 1st ((or as close to that as possible)). Voting will be left up for one week and winners will be announced shortly there after.

Prizes
First Place ((Grand Prize)) -- 2k + User Image
Second Place -- 1k + User Image
Third Place -- 500g + User Image

~
Rules: ((These are very important if you do not abide by these you will be notified and given the opportunity to fix the problem -- if it’s not fixed your video will not be a part of the contest.))

1. Videos must be of the genre specified. ((dur))
2. There is no time limit but please try to keep it under 10 min. ((@.@))
3. Subtitled footage will NOT be accepted. ((it cheapens the video – if you have problems finding unsubbed footage please contact Mr_Pilkington or Desdemona Legardored and we will give you some pointers…or maybe make an acception))
4. Please try to avoid using nudity -- if there is some put a warning for those who don’t want to see it. ((Also put a warning if there are lots of profanities or excessive violence --- you know the deal. :3))
5. Only one video per editor per contest --- videos entered may not be re-entered into a later contest.
6. All entries must be PMed to my account ((Mr_Pilkington)) in order to qualify -- PLEASE Don't show others the video you're entering. We want this to be fair.

~
PM THIS FORM:

[b]Link to Video[/b]:
[b]Title of Video[/b]:
[b]Footage Source[/b]:
[b]Audio Title[/b]:
[b]Audio Artist[/b]:
[b]Warnings[/b]:

EXAMPLE:

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Yay a romantic contest I have the perfect Idea  

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

ScottyQuick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:58 pm
Why aren't subtitled versions accepted? Why not dock points? I mean, yes, it cheapens the video, but I've seen great AMVs using subbed versions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:56 pm
ya it makes it harder I have 26 eps i imported before joining and i don't wanna import in all in raw  

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 am
Laraeli
Why aren't subtitled versions accepted? Why not dock points? I mean, yes, it cheapens the video, but I've seen great AMVs using subbed versions.

Because right now we don't have any judges...we're sadly doing it by vote unless we ((by some miracle of fate)) get some judges. And I hate fansubbed vids....since I have to sit through and prelim them all I'd rather not have the subs. *I are a footage snob*

I realize we'd have more entries if we accepted subs but I'd really rather not. A lot of cons are finally starting to inact this rule too. It's really just preference..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:11 am
Laraeli
Why aren't subtitled versions accepted?

a.) Because I said so.
b.) Discussing or promoting downloaded footage is against the Guild rules
c.) Discussing or promoting downloaded footage is against the Gaia TOS
d.) Exception can be made. But there will need to be a damn good reason for it. (EG: Hard subbed DVDs)  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:02 am
Mr_Pilkington

(EG: Hard subbed DVDs)

Those always piss me off. Damn you! mad

...anyways, it's really only on older DVDs....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:14 am
Desdemona Legardored
Laraeli

Because right now we don't have any judges...we're sadly doing it by vote unless we ((by some miracle of fate)) get some judges. And I hate fansubbed vids....since I have to sit through and prelim them all I'd rather not have the subs. *I are a footage snob*

I realize we'd have more entries if we accepted subs but I'd really rather not. A lot of cons are finally starting to inact this rule too. It's really just preference..

Ill judge cause i dont like to do drama vids, but i do like them.....  

Jisaku Jiens

MalXII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:52 pm
Does it have to be something I made for the contest, or can it be a preexisting AMV?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:02 am
MalXII
Does it have to be something I made for the contest, or can it be a preexisting AMV?

As long as it was made in 2007 we'll take preexisting ones. We just want something recent.  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:45 pm
:O

/me edits  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:42 am
Desdemona Legardored
MalXII

As long as it was made in 2007 we'll take preexisting ones. We just want something recent.

Cool. I'm not working on any drama stuff now, but I've made some I really like in the past couple months O:  

MalXII

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 am
MalXII
Desdemona Legardored
MalXII

Cool. I'm not working on any drama stuff now, but I've made some I really like in the past couple months O:

Yaaay! :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:29 pm
Mr_Pilkington
Laraeli

a.) Because I said so.
d.) Exception can be made. But there will need to be a damn good reason for it. (EG: Hard subbed DVDs)

So because something's subtitled it's downloaded?  

ScottyQuick

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:21 pm
Laraeli
Mr_Pilkington
Laraeli

a.) Because I said so.

So because something's subtitled it's downloaded?

Yes, unless the DVD/game is hardsubbed ((which is where we make the exception)). Because if you own it, you can rip the DVD clean. In fact, it's easier to rip it clean than it is to rip it with the subs.  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff