Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knittalong Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:57 pm
I'm working on a cell phone cozy from the Stich n' b***h book and I thought it would be cool to start a knittalong with the other knitters in the guild. As long as you know how to knitt and purl then you should be able to do it. Who is intersted???  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:28 pm
um, how would one do a knittalong on an online forum? sweatdrop  

gemini6184

Silvermoonkasumii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:31 pm
I just bought that book
(two actually, one was a handbook because I don't know all there is about knitting unfortunately)
the other day for my birthday.

Which cell phone cozy?

I'd love to do a knit-a-long.
=3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:13 pm
razz hey i saw those and tried them out. I made one for my mom in pink and white. It was pretty darn cute b-day and mother's day present that is very late, but what else do u expect from a young teenage daughter. =^-^=  

NightRainSpirit

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:34 pm
gemini6184

Well, they seem to do plenty at Craftster. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:52 pm
Wow, I had to dig for this thread. I think a knit along would be interesting. I knit and type all the time anyway.  

LadyAnubis

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:43 pm
I wish I could join in.... but I have no cell phone to make a cozy for. sweatdrop

I'm so technologically deprived. crying

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:55 am
So make a bag for your CD player, or something like that. I have a cell phone, but I hate it so much I would never make anything for it. The only good thing about it is the little Sha Gojyo charm I have hanging from the antenae.  

LadyAnubis

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:33 am
ScribblerChrislea
gemini6184

Well, they seem to do plenty at Craftster. stare

I'm guessing she hasn't been to craftster (psst gemini, it's at http://www.craftster.org ).

For a knittalong/craftalong a group of people make something following the same basic pattern. Then at the end post pictures of what they've made as most people elabourate differently/improvise/embellish when using a pattern 3nodding It's pretty cool to see how varied the results are.

I currently only have one pair of needles and they are already in use sad So no cellphone sock for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:25 am
I think that sounds like fun, but I would pick a different project. *glares at cell phone*  

LadyAnubis

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:54 am
How about wrist warmers? I know it's not the season anymore, but they're easy to knit up.

Arm Warmers (if modified here, so that the pattern's simpler to read), would be a great project for any beginner. They're knitted flat and seamed up the side. They use a bunch of colors, but if simplified (so that it's one color) and rewritten here, it'd be quite easy.

Duffer Cuff would be a great short project for the advanced knitters. Fair Isle isn't easy to do, but with such a small project, it'd be a great starting point to try something harder without getting burnt out or fustrated.

There are other easy things: Can cozies, simple knit purses or bags, shrugs, leg warmers, hair ties, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm
Peppermint Elf
Duffer Cuff would be a great short project for the advanced knitters. Fair Isle isn't easy to do, but with such a small project, it'd be a great starting point to try something harder without getting burnt out or fustrated.

I'd be up for the Duffer Cuff. I've always wanted to try argyle. *grin*  

Catcheen
Crew

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:32 pm
I've never heard of a duffer cuff. I have made arm warmers though. Not the ones with the thumb hole; these are made to look like corsets and lace up with black ribbon. I'll see if I can find the picture...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:12 pm
what about atypically knit's dice bag? it's a really quick pattern and it's good practice for knitting in the round.

link: http://knit.atypically.net/other/dicebag/pattern.shtml  

firrantello

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:38 am
Sounds interesting.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items