View Results

Admiral Kathryn Janeway

Shameless Smoker

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 pm
I thought it was good. I thought they did a good job with this movie. I loved the special effects in this one. But as usual the book is better.

What are your opinions of the movie??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 am
I liked it but they rushed stuff. Didn't get into Details.  

TheLyelac1

Admiral Kathryn Janeway

Shameless Smoker

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:40 am
TheLyelac1
I liked it but they rushed stuff. Didn't get into Details.

Yeah. I agree with you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:44 pm
Yea, they made 300 pages go by in like 5 minutes at the beginning, and left out a lot. Like, they didn't mention once about Ron and Hermoine being prefects, hardly touched on Harrys absolute rage issues, absolutly NO quidditch, when that was a big deal in the book, and, worst off, no portable swamp crying That was one of my favorite parts. Other then the little details being rushed along, It really was a good movie. Seriously. I wanted to cry when Sirius died. But that's normal.
Is it just me, or did they portray James completely wrong? He's supposed to look just like Harry, and his hair was like brown, and he was ugly as s**t. Kid Snape's adorable, tho ^^
::Sev Fangurl ^^::  

Hong_kai

loonyxoxlovegood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:35 pm
I think that you can't reallly compare the book to the movie, because they are totally different entities, but... they did rush a little bit.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:27 am
the book was deffinatley better but that is how it always is... i loved the movie tho even tho it was short n i knew what happened i still cried my eyes out!!! [[i got my mom hooked on harry potter too]]  

lady-bug-britt

yougotownt12341245453

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:30 pm
There are only a few things I can say I honestly liked about this movie. Staunton’s job as Umbridge was brilliant. I hated her character from the first little cough she gave during Harry’s trial and I knew then she was going to be amazing. Also Carter’s job as Bellatrix was amazing to put it simple. It was short but really what I felt Bellatrix would be like.

As for my dislike that list goes on. Could almost write volumes.

For one, the entire thing was rushed. I think they could have splurged on an extra twenty minutes for the movie seeing as how the book is the longest of the series.

I think cutting out most of what happened at Grimmauld’s place was a bad idea, especially the scene when Harry first arrives. He was supposed to explode with anger because Dumbledore had such little contact with him, avoiding him. The movie was just like a kid not getting his way. It was just a little tantrum. Also, completely leaving out Hermione and Ron becoming prefects, I thought that was really important in the book because it fueled Harry's anger and raised more questions as to why Dumbledore was avoiding Harry (which was barely touched upon to begin with).

Also the prophecy was barely touched upon and had I not read the book I would not have really know the importance of it. My mom did not read the book ergo she did not really understand and I had to later explain most of the movie to her. You see very little of Harry and Sirius together which cuts the emotional pull when Sirius actually dies, because there was no actual bonding between Sirius and Harry. There's so much missing you can't even call it a good movie.

I'm so disappointed in the Snapes memory scene. It was supposed to be the first real look we got at the Marauders while they were in school and it was cut to a minuscule 20 seconds. I also wished they spent a little more time on the house of black. There is an entire back story about Sirius that I really enjoyed reading that they shouldn’t have cut out just for time’s sake. Also there was supposed to be a big heap of information we were supposed to get from Dumbledore that is cut extremely short.

There were a lot of cut characters and Scenes i think were important for both this movie and the ones to follow.

I know you can’t put everything in a movie but there are some things that just needed to be in there. I think if they would have kept things a closer to the book and not done things in the way they chose they would have been able to do it better, more canon. But whatever, it’s not like I have to see it again if I don’t want.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:05 am
i really loved it. like everyone else here, i went to the midnight showing. dressed up head to toe w/ slytherin stuff. brought my broom. then i saw it again the following week b.c it was my b-day then the next day was my sis. i loved it.

to me, its the best movie so far.  

bellatrix_black87

GardenElf

650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:32 pm
User Image
User Image

i think this movie was rushed a bit but other than that i loved it!!!! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:50 pm
It was amazing though a bit rushed but then again they probaly can't fit a 700 page book in a two hour movie.  

Fleur Evette

Jill_Pole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:03 am
I hate it! I think it's the most awful movie I've ever seen! Trying to look at it from the perspective of someone who does not know the story, the plot of this movie was nearly impossible to pick out, there was no emotion it, and it practically impossible to tell what was happening in any given scene until it was over. Blech!

And then you consider how they didn't even portray the story of the book at all! It was disgusting!  
The Harry Potter Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games