Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
List of people subtitling Lucky Star Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:59 pm
Since I can get banned for posting links [at least, on A/M/C, I can], I won't post any here.

Right now, I'm only listing the people who host torrents on Scarywater, so these will be people who have hosted their subtitles on BitTorrent..

a.f.k.

As of September 9, 2007, a.f.k. is up to Episode 20.

Currently has the most seeders/peers. Releases using the AVI format at 704 x 396. Average file size is 175 MB.

AU / aunder

As of July 30, 2007, AU is up to Episode 16.

Spanish subtitles. Releases using the MP4 format. Average file size is 135 - 140 MB.

Eien-no-Anime

As of August 15, 2007, Eien-no-Anime is up to Episode 16.

Releases using the MKV [h264] format at 1024 x 576. Average file size is 175 MB.

JEEB fansubs

As of September 4, 2007, JEEB fansubs is up to Episode 20.

Releases using the MKV [h264] format. Average file size is sporadic.

Guerrand

As of September 17, 2007, Guerrand is up to Episode 24. [finished]

Doesn't use Scarywater. Quick-subs. Subbed from Episode 16 up.

All others have not subbed more than 5 episodes.

Most updated fansubber - Guerrand.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:50 pm
User Image
Join the Official Lucky Star guild...

Yeah other people like "Lucky Channel" Fansubs has only subbed 5 episodes and the such.

...waiting for Episode 14 of Lucky Star now xP

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:53 pm
I'm kind of wondering why I spent time on this. Most of them are just going to go for a.f.k. anyhow....

I don't blame them though....

I should check out EnA after I finish the series, just to see how different it is [with Lucky Star, I can imagine a lot of differences].  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:58 pm
0ceanBlue
I'm kind of wondering why I spent time on this. Most of them are just going to go for a.f.k. anyhow....

I don't blame them though....

I should check out EnA after I finish the series, just to see how different it is [with Lucky Star, I can imagine a lot of differences].
User Image

I just like the quality of AFK is all, and I like it in .avi format more anyways, rather than .mkv. I can't burn those to a disc.

...waiting for Episode 15 of Lucky Star now xP

Onicept
Captain

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:04 am
I'd only heard of AFK and JEEB. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:01 am
Wind and Eien no Anime are also subbing it. Though they don't get it out as fast as AFK.  

00NINE-1
Crew

aughgh
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:38 am
I've seen two subs, A.F.K. and one other whose name I didn't catch.
A.F.K.'s subs are superior.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:30 pm
Missus Pissy Britches
I've seen two subs, A.F.K. and one other whose name I didn't catch.
A.F.K.'s subs are superior.
User Image

That I agree on. The only people who could be superior to A.F.K if they started subbing Lucky Star would be either KAA or Anime Yuki.

KAA for its great quality, even though it is in .MKV, but they rip from DVD to get the best quality. And Anime Yuki for its superb Karaoke subtitles..they can do more than just text/Flashing text/On time text.

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:26 pm
Onicept
User Image

That I agree on. The only people who could be superior to A.F.K if they started subbing Lucky Star would be either KAA or Anime Yuki.

KAA for its great quality, even though it is in .MKV, but they rip from DVD to get the best quality. And Anime Yuki for its superb Karaoke subtitles..they can do more than just text/Flashing text/On time text.

Well, it'd be hard to get releases for those ripping from the DVD before those ripping from the television broadcasts [of course, OVA's are exceptions].

Actually, MKV files do better than AVI files with larger resolutions [this is just second-hand information]. So of course they would release it in the MKV format.

That, and MKV has better compression, as far as I've seen. The same version [resolution, quality, and such] of one anime had 175 MB on the AVI version and 100 MB on the MKV version.

The only thing that bothers me about MKV files are the fact that large MKV files [like the HD versions] usually end up really taxing my computer. For example, the sound might get ahead or behind the video because either my computer isn't strong/fast [I'm not sure which] enough to handle it, or I need to change my codec.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:43 pm
0ceanBlue
Onicept
User Image

Well, it'd be hard to get releases for those ripping from the DVD before those ripping from the television broadcasts [of course, OVA's are exceptions].

Actually, MKV files do better than AVI files with larger resolutions [this is just second-hand information]. So of course they would release it in the MKV format.

That, and MKV has better compression, as far as I've seen. The same version [resolution, quality, and such] of one anime had 175 MB on the AVI version and 100 MB on the MKV version.

The only thing that bothers me about MKV files are the fact that large MKV files [like the HD versions] usually end up really taxing my computer. For example, the sound might get ahead or behind the video because either my computer isn't strong/fast [I'm not sure which] enough to handle it, or I need to change my codec.
User Image

Compression may be a good thing, but until DVD players can actually support MKV I will continue downloading the AVI versions.

Since size isn't a real problem for me (580 GB's of space here), and neither is speed or anything it doesn't really matter.

Also, I have special program which increases the Resolution of the picture but keeps the sound in sync, and doesn't pixelize it either (AKA Hi-Def DVD Quality). The program is called Super DVD Creator and it's used to either boost the res without loss, speed up the video or keep it at its original size for smaller players...of course I had to pay for this product, but it was well worth buying. I can make DVD menu's and the sort.

Also if the video is in 16:9 it keeps it in 16:9 and doesn't screw the resolution by making it 4:3

Onicept
Captain

MedusaSedusa

Friendly Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:10 am
ah I'd have to say by a popularity vote AFK is hands down. sumimasen, I've never heard of the others gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:56 am
Smithe Thyne Jezebel
ah I'd have to say by a popularity vote AFK is hands down. sumimasen, I've never heard of the others gonk
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

AFK FTW

...has just triggered a flag, YAHOO!

Onicept
Captain

GeebusKermas
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:29 pm
Smithe Thyne Jezebel

Haha, a testament of a.f.k.'s monopoly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:27 am
i only like AFK 3nodding  

Kagami Hiiragi XD

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:37 pm
Kagami Hiiragi XD
i only like AFK 3nodding