Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What a great way to screw up! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just because
  gold
View Results

Amaya84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:52 pm
Please read the following:Webpage Title

Quite hilarious, and yet still makes me cringe. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:43 pm
Haha. Okay that is so funny. But its realy quite scary too. I mean how could you forget that?  

Starry Phoenix

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:46 pm
NASA has betrayed us...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:40 pm
Ha! Leave it to us Americans to mess something like that up. rofl What a disgrace.  

Miko_Sohma

Soujiroh Nishikado

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:57 pm
I'd feel insulted.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 pm
I'd feel insulted, too, if someone made that mistake. Oh wait-- they did stare  

Organic Shadows

Hawk_McKrakken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:23 pm
I, personally, wouldn't really fault them about it too much. After all, I favor (not favour) the American spellings of words over the British ones... even if it is someone's name.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:24 pm
Oh wow how did they forget that?  

just_jazzy91

Amaya84

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:38 am
Yeah, I'm not sure how they forgot that either. *shakes head* eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:36 am
My friend had sent me the link to that, saying: "Seeing as how you are an English (he meant the subject) person..."

I laughed a lot. But people do make mistakes...

This saddened me though...apparently the driver of the car was texting while driving, and crashed, killing everyone in the car. This gives yet another reason to not use your cell phone and drive at the same time.  

Patron with a Mission

Artwra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:04 pm
raineoftears - Pff, guess we English can still cause trouble over in the states.

dameonmac5918 - God, that is bad. I just wonder why people will do stuff like that though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:01 pm
Why would someone be so stupid to text while driving? Gees, people are soo...sooo...nnnyyeeeh!! I can't even describe it!  

Amaya84

Miko_Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:32 pm
dameonmac5918
My friend had sent me the link to that, saying: "Seeing as how you are an English (he meant the subject) person..."

This saddened me though...apparently the driver of the car was texting while driving, and crashed, killing everyone in the car. This gives yet another reason to not use your cell phone and drive at the same time.

That happened near where I live...it was all over the news here.

You feel bad for them, until you hear that they weren't even supposed to be on the road that late at night because the driver had a junior license. Add to that the fact that there were five teenage girls in the car...and then the fact that the driver was texting, and you have a recipe for disaster.

People really can be stupid, can't they?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:15 pm
Miko_Sohma
dameonmac5918

That happened near where I live...it was all over the news here.

You feel bad for them, until you hear that they weren't even supposed to be on the road that late at night because the driver had a junior license. Add to that the fact that there were five teenage girls in the car...and then the fact that the driver was texting, and you have a recipe for disaster.

People really can be stupid, can't they?

So it appears. *sigh*  

Patron with a Mission

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 pm
That's just TERRIBLE.
America embarassed itself brutally!
Of course, we do that everyday.
WAIT! I STAND CORRECTED!
Our Government does the job for us quite well.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff