Reply Book 7- Rumors and Predictions
The Potters Deaths?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:25 pm
Ok, So ive always been curious why voldemort spared lilly.
"Step aside girl" Remember? it was in a flashback. lilly could have saved herself but why WOULD voldemort spare ANYONE?
i read this and it came from JK's mouth

"[Lily] could have lived and chose to die. James was going to be killed anyway." James "wasn't given a choice [whereas Lily] could have saved herself." but she saved harry instead.

why was she spared? i have a feeling this will have an importance in book 7.
was lilly a Deatheater? problably not. she was in the order. but what was her job in the order? a spy for dumbledore maybe...i dont know but it has to be important i think. i also have the weirdest feeling that Severus Snape LOVED Lilly. to far out? oh well

And another thing. has anyone noticed Lilly and James died on Halloween?
October 31 1981 lol i just never noticed...and if it was mentioned, i dont remember.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 pm

When I discovered their Death Date, Halloween turned from my favorite holiday to my almost most hated one. D:

JK says on her website that Lily defenitely was not a Death Eater.

I dunno why he chose to give Lily a chance of life; O_o Another reason I have a panic attack when I think about reading THE book.

I need a username

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:06 am
I need a username

When I discovered their Death Date, Halloween turned from my favorite holiday to my almost most hated one. D:

I dunno why he chose to give Lily a chance of life; O_o Another reason I have a panic attack when I think about reading THE book.

Yeah i wouldnt consider it but maybe she was posing as one  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:46 pm
That is curious. I never actually thought about it. The only thing I've wondered is what happened to Lilly and James' parents? Did both sets of Harry's grandparent's pass away?  

Gummy Raindrops

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:55 pm
Gummy Raindrops
That is curious. I never actually thought about it. The only thing I've wondered is what happened to Lilly and James' parents? Did both sets of Harry's grandparent's pass away?
surprisingley... Idon't think its important to the plot....

we know that James' parents are dead, because they left him their fortune....

In any case, we know that lily's parents are dead, because otherwise, Harry would have been sent to live with them...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:24 pm
it is werid about how she could have chose not to die but what would happen to harry!!!!?!?!?!?!?  

sparky102

Remus_Lupin3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm
I need a username

He gave Lily a chance to live because Snape had begged him to let Lily live.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 pm
Maybe, but not really. remember, he HATES half bloods and she is one of them. So, by making her think that he would spare her and then if he killed Harry, he would have killed her too.  

MadHatHuntress

Friendly Raider

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Informer 100
Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items