Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1

View Results

Sir Cookies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:56 pm
» I've gotten plenty of messages during my time on Gaia that all were like this:

a-dmi-n
I'm sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention,the mods of gaiaonline. Your account has been reported and needs to be investigated with further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we do not want to ban any account for no reason so we just want to help some innocent people out. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediatley your acount will result in a Perma-Ban.
USERNAME
PASSWORD
E-MAIL ADDRESS
Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account is done investigation. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
The mods of Gaia

» Don't bother talking to them. Report them right away. Admins NEVER ask for your passwords and never will. It's been said many times in the announcements and I believe I've seen a notice above PMs that Admins will never ask for your passwords.

Report them right away if you EVER get a message like this.

Also, if you've ever gotten a message like this, go ahead and post it up here and give your own warning comments to others that have never gotten one or aren't aware of this kind of trouble.

» Also you should be careful with links people post. Sometimes people will post pictures you can click on with a link that takes you to a key logging website and steals your information. Also, there are fake login Gaia web pages that are floating around that you could come across. Whenever you are taken to another part of Gaia through a link someone posted, it should NEVER have you say you are logged out. If it does, it's a fake login website and can steal your information when you log into it. Get out of that right away and report the person's post for posting a fake login page.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:18 am
i know wat u mean i get that message from the same guy over and over again  

harvest40

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crazie k9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 pm
i actually just got one of thoughs today seriusly whos dumb enough to even try Most of Gaia's Moderators have colored Sn's and like you said they would never ask for your Password it even states that above the PM boxes when you go to type a message  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
that and what kind of name is a-dmi-n? If I was impersonating an admin I wouldn't make it blatently obvious with a name like that.  

Mizu-Neko

Tipsy Raider

jellyscott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:28 pm
on gaia i hate that people think you will be even that dumb xp  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:30 am
Never got that message b4, hopefully never will!  

Master Seifuu

lordryu3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:30 am
hope i never do either ive almsot been scamed before it sucks watch out  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 pm
well i had one that looked just like an admin.... and i got it for like 9 days before reporting it... and i never messaged it back but the day AFTER i reported it, it was hacked... all my STUFF was gone... i was sad sad  

busenbark_ckick

heartballet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:21 pm
i got a message like that before and i replyed the guy who sent it and i told him that i wasnt going to give him my pass and he said he was going to ban my account or something cause he was a admin and i said admins dont ask u for ur pass and he was being a bully so i reported him of course...it was actually kinda funny in ways...and scarey cause i dont want my account gone cause that would make me very sad... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:51 pm
I joined gaia last month(july 7th) and I already got those pms atleast 8...;~;
I reported all of them 3nodding

Babie Kitten

odie8603

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:21 am
Yaeka-Sama
I've gotten plenty of messages during my time on Gaia that all were like this:

a-dmi-n
I'm sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention,the mods of gaiaonline. Your account has been reported and needs to be investigated with further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we do not want to ban any account for no reason so we just want to help some innocent people out. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediatley your acount will result in a Perma-Ban.
USERNAME
PASSWORD
E-MAIL ADDRESS
Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account is done investigation. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
The mods of Gaia

Don't bother talking to them. Report them right away. Admins NEVER ask for your passwords and never will. It's been said many times in the announcements and I believe I've seen a notice above PMs that Admins will never ask for your passwords.

Report them right away if you EVER get a message like this.

Also, if you've ever gotten a message like this, go ahead and post it up here and give your own warning comments to others that have never gotten one or aren't aware of this kind of trouble.

I have gotten a few of those as well, did not reply to them, only reported them.
It's sad that people will be so abusive, when others are only here for fum and friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:09 pm
with them saying that you can tell them..
well if your admin you wount ask us for my password cause you already know it...
and other then that if you are i cant report you witch i did
well have a nice day mrgreen

and thats how you talk to them xD
or simplely ignor it and report them but it`s just fun to mess with them xP  

Zeyliic

Big Noob

7,925 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Gaian 50

Teranty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 pm
I have yet to get one but now i know what to look for.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:36 pm
I've gotten three of those that looked professional like, 5 in all. I reported everyone. Its fun.  

ParanoidBlueGirl

Lady_of_sorrow

9,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:48 am
well I got one that look really authentic. The guy put ID numbers on it and stuff to make it look official. It had been a bad week before cuz my dog had just died so without thinking I sent my info. I was thankfully able to get my account back but he took all my expensive stuff and gold. AND I'm only one of many the guy had done that to.  
welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff