Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Spirit of Humanity (Sci-fi Rp)(Lit. Now open and accepting!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:45 am
"It is when we try to explain humanity, we begin to question if we are human after all..."

My name is Nobu Takashi...humanity calls me X Model 2033. I prefer Nobu. My creators designed me as their god created them...in their image. I was metal on the inside...but I was almost indistinguishable from a normal human being. They installed me with Issac Asimov's 3 law's of robotics.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Logically, these laws are full proof, but I was given artificial intelligence. The humans thought I could only learn what they gave me...but they were wrong.

I became independent and even though my programing disallowed me to ignore the 3 laws, I could switch them around, I call them Takashi's Law's

1. A robot must protect its own existence.
2. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. So long as the human's in question don't conflict with the first law.
3. A robot must obey all orders given it by human beings. So long as those orders don't conflict with the first or second laws.

I kept my version of the laws secret...until one day. I witnessed a robbery at a shop. As I rushed in the robber pointed his weapon at me...I had no choice but to kill him.

Mankind panicked. The laws were not full proof. I pleaded that I was protecting myself and the shopkeepers from the armed man, and I was only following my programming. The humans did not believe me. They sought to destroy all X model robots.

I followed my first law and escaped.

I am now one of the most wanted figures in the world, for I am a robot...and are both superior and inferior to humans.

I recently learned of several other X models that had a similar sense of self-preservation...and escaped as well....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 am
Rules

1. Follow all gaia rules
2. No godmoding, auto hitting, or powerplaying
3. Be literate! Third person, past tense, quotes for talking, and italics for thoughts. (()) [], {}, etc for OOC.
4. Try not to oneline
5. Romance is allowed, cybering is not...take it to the pms...
6. You can not kill another character unless you get permission from that person.
7. You can only post if I approve your profiles
8. I AM GOD and what i say goes.
9. Thank you for reading. Hope you have fun
10. THIS IS A LONG TERM RP DON'T SIGN UP UNLESS YOU INTEND TO STAY FOR A WHILE. If you do have to leave, however, please pm me.  

lone ronin99

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:50 am
Characters:

PM me your character that follows the profile skeletons below.

Put "2033" as your pm title so i know you read the rules.

Profile skeleton for X-model robots (only 5 for now)

Username:
Character name:
Appearance: (Pics are preferred, but 2 paragraph description will be suffice.)
Weapons: (you do NOT have any attached weapons on your body...except for blades. Guns must be separate. 2-3 Max)
Purpose: (what was your purpose when you were programmed)
Personality: (Your A.I. allows you to take on a certain personality)
Bio: (Doesn't need to be uber long)

Profile skeleton for INTERPOL/Japanese military officials
Username:
Character name:
Weapons: (2-3 Max)
Department: (Are you interpol? or Japanese military?)
Position sad Lead Investigator (Max 5), Unit commander (Max 10), common officer (infinite)
Personality:
Bio:

Profile skeleton for civilians
Username:
Character name:
Personality:
Bio:

If you wish to rp as Inspector Nagata (see next post) PM me with an Rp sample.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:52 am
Character List: X-Models

X Model 1
Username:lone ronin99
Character name: Nobu Takashi
Appearance: Nobu (All credit goes to the artist)
Weapons: 2 Magnum Revolvers, A Micro-uzi
Purpose: Police assistance unit
Personality: Nobu is a quiet being even for a robot. He says what needs to be said and doesn't say any more. He is actually quite polite, and even friendly when in a warm environment. He doesn't resent humans, but questions their logic.
Bio: Nobu was one of the first X-models developed. His artificial intelligence allowed him to rearrange the 3 law's in such away that he was an independent being. He was sentenced to death after he killed a police officer he thought was a threat. He later escaped and is now being sought after by Interpol, and the Japanese Government.

X Model 2

X Model 3

X Model 4

X Model 5  

lone ronin99

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:53 am
Character List: INTERPOL/Japanese military.

Profile skeleton for INTERPOL/Japanese military officials
Username sad Will be played by lone ronin99 until someone takes him)
Character name: Chief Inspector Barton Nagata
Appearance: Nagata (all credit goes to the artist)
Weapons: duel semi-auto pistols
Department: Interpol
Position: Head of the X Model investigation
Personality: Barton is cunning and creative, if not hot-headed. He's very stubborn and won't give up on a goal...which is why he hasn't resigned his position as head of the X Model investigation. He is a serious and very loud man.
Bio:Barton Nagata was born in Japan, and moved to America where he became a SWAT officer then later joined Interpol. He was assigned to the X Model investigation due to his cunning, and creativity. He has captured 5 X Models, but has yet to apprehend Nobu, his prime objective.

More to come...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:54 am
Character list: Civilian

More to come...  

lone ronin99

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:56 am
Blacklist: The people who have tried my patience and had to be eliminated.

None, let's keep it that way!

Greylist
: Slip up one more time and you're gone...

None, keep it that way!

Whitelist
: Great job! You rock out loud. You have helped the rp, me, or you are just a great rper.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:57 am
Reserved  

lone ronin99

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:59 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:00 am
Setting: It's July 23rd, 2037. Heavy rains batter Tokyo. Nobu seeks shelter from the rain at a nearby bar. He's unaware the Interpol is right on his trail...  

lone ronin99

lone ronin99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 am
OPEN!!!! Now accepting!!!  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out