Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:22 pm
Definition of the word Sallies
sal`lies- n pl
1. A sudden rush forward; a leap. (Going away for a while?)
2. An assault from a defensive position; a sortie. (Somebody break your heart?)
3. A sudden emergence into action or expression; an outburst. (Problems at home?)
4. A sudden quick witticism; a quip. See Synonyms at joke. (Friends mad at you?)
5. A venturing forth; a jaunt. (Leaving the guild?)

Welcome to the AFG Sallies. As you can see from the quote above, this is your home for happy, sad, frusterating, departuring times in your life. Need to (post an) announcement, get something off your chest, or just saying hello for the first time. This is the place to do all that, and more.

Slowly but surely this thread has delved into discussions on politics, religions, and relationships gone awry, but not to fear, for flaming is a definite No-No, and is tolerated at sub-zero levels. here, we believe the favourite saying from the show loved by many: "If you don't got nothin' nice to say, don't say it at all."

Post 1: Intro
Post 2: Rules
Post 3: Which Topics can/are be/to be Discussed here
Post 4: Updates and Notices  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:23 pm
The rules are quite simple to understand. So without further ado, here they are:

1. Don't get upset if nobody answeres you when you post something. Not everybody is going to care as much as you do, because when your online and talking to people from arround the world, your just a pile of pixels.

2. This is to be the only thread of its kind, so any thread created about a break up or a goodbye etc. will all be locked onthe spot.
3. This is a place where fur's can seek comforting and get answers for what they believe might have been a mistake.
4. Don't expect to get "sugar coated" answeres from people. It's their opinion of the right answer to your question if one has been asked.
5. You may not, NOT, in any way at all mock people for their actions in this thread. If you can answer a question for them, then do so without saying things like OMG how could you not know!
6. We would prefer that you would use your Gaia Journals, or other Journals or Private Messaging to inform people about this, but if you really wish to make it more public than it would be in a journal, you are welcome to post it here.

Zanzibar- About this thread's Purpose
The are allowed to be who they are, they just can't post their angst threads anywhere else than here or in their Gaia journal. I won't stop them from venting, they have countless of abilities to do it. This thread is just for when they want to make it public for the guild to know.
Also people will post here since their topics will simply get locked if they don't wink .

The best explanation of Drama, by Artemis Vulpes
Man, every night I come back from work there is so much written. I simply cannot respond to everything and in some cases the time frame between when the post was made till now makes any comment I might have moot.

I will say this people's problems that are going on cannot be summed up in such a trifling word as drama. This is life folks, good or bad you just have to take what comes, hope for the best and move on. Luckily, this place is here to help blow off some stress when things go bad or to generally inform everyone what is going on in your life. The sallies acts somewhat as a giant journal for everyone in the guild and I am glad for it, keeps the main page free from clutter every time something new happens in a person's life and they wish to share.

Know what causes drama? People making unneeded comments to another person's post. Let me be clear in saying that I am not against people stating their true opinion on a matter, I just feel that at times people could use more tact. Nobody likes to be kicked when they are down, so why do it to somebody else? How hard is it, really, to take a moment to go over your post and consider if it might cause some foreseeable problems or arguments? That is not so say you shouldn't make your response, but as it says in the rules, take it to PM if you wish to discuss personal matters and not make a big scene in front of everybody.

I do stand fully by the idea that one is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean you have to express it. It is a pretty simple thing to me, if your comment is going to potentially cause more harm than good, keep it to yourself. Do not take this as me saying people should not be their selves, on the contrary. What I am really saying is try to not be so selfish and try to think of someone else before you, from time to time. Words can hurt, they can in fact run very deep and I do not think anyone here truly wishes to cause anyone else undo suffering. If you are someone that does indeed like to cause other people pain, all I can say is that I hope we can weed you decrepit souls our from the guild before you do too much harm.

End of my little rant, I guess. Feel free to comment anyway you wish, even if not at all.

Zanzarus

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:24 pm
Which topics are to be talked about in here, not to have a thread made for it.

Anything from anything to zany-thing. News, relationships, politics, moving, departing, comming, going, staying, crying, fighting, loving. Take your pick, the list doesn't end there, and never will.

As for discussions. if you wish to start a debatable subject, you're welcome to start a thread of your own, but please make sure that you're not just posting angry opinions or sole opinions at all. Thoes can definetly go here. We try to make everyone feel included, so add a question to your topic for discussion, so people can add their ideas, and diversify the subject. Just try to keep it on topic, or it will get locked and asked to be moved in here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:26 pm
To the Mods- thsi post would be for Notices that you wish to being to attention, and any updates or changes in the rules and topics that are to be posted in this thread to be logged in this thread, so that all the other users will be able to know what we've changed. That way they will beable to understand if they are told that their thread cant be made and why it should be talked about in this thread instead.

ex.
Date/Month/Year - thing updated and see which post and/or rules for details
Your name
Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:57 pm

17/04/08- Grats on 800 pages AND 12,000 posts!
Zanzarus
Even though the few posts that have been deleted and such, we made it to a whopping 800 pages. not as many as any chat thread out there, but getting close. <33 Who knows, with my mad moderating skills, maybe I can get us a sub-forum!

14/06/07- Grats on 10,000 posts!
Zanzarus
Grats on 10,000 posts on this thread everyone. I'm glad to see that an idea that, in my opinion, nearly ripped the guild appart has become one of the most active threads in it. I'm also glad that my idea was accepted, even though many people at the start pushed it away. For thoes who may not know, I recieved many angry and hateful PM's about this thread, and was sure that my fellow mod's wouldn't agree with my solution to clutter.

Other than that, it's hte people of the guild who made it work, and adapted. For the newer members who weren't here for the creation, thanks of runderstanding.

~<3
Zan

28/07/06- Happy anniversary thread!

28/07/05- Thread given name.
~Audi  

Zanzarus

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:27 pm
-Saved-  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:28 pm
-Saved-  

Zanzarus

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:29 pm
-Saved-  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:31 pm
-Saved-  

Zanzarus

Zanzarus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:59 pm
-Saved-  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:59 pm
I don't know if this counts but I'm going to let my head of steam off here anyway. It's not exactly an at-home family problem.

My brother's in the state psychiatric hospital for this part of New Jersey. It's sad, but that'snot why I'm upset - the dude's crazy. You can't go naked around a neighborhood and expect not to get arrested. Doesn't help that the psychiatric-pharmaceutical industry has most doctors convinced the way to help people is to give them toxic doses of dangerous medication, but anyway. Meh.

So, dude's in the hospital. This time, he's developed a "philosophy that says I should attack people in the system." He broke a nurse's nose. I think, Hey, good for you; but the state now has assault charges pending against him.

In the meantime, though, he's been restrained every time he puts up his dukes, which he frequently does whenever approached by staff (other than the doctors). He's not a real threat - if he were healthy, he'd weigh 160 lb, but he weighs 120 and has seizures because in addition to being poisoned by huge doses of medication, he's starving and dehydrating himself. But at one point, an orderly took him to an isolation room, in restraints (reasonable), knocked him down, knelt on his chest, and socked him in the eye.

The isolation rooms are supposed to have surveillance cameras; they don't. So there's no real evidence except my brother's word (worthless), my mother's word (worth something, maybe) and the word of an independent observer who also saw the bruises on his face and chest (credible, as long as the state can't find a way to silence him).

It's been clear for a long time that Trenton Psychiatric Hospital is not in the business of treating patients, it's in the business of abusing them. Also, there's an interesting demographic. The patients are mostly white. The professionals are white or Asian. The orderlies are almost all black.

I'm trying not to be racist about this, even though independent investigations turned up open admissions by the orderlies that they're trying to turn the tables on these white folks in their power. I honestly don't think my brother's being abused because he's white and the staff dealing with him on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis are black.

I do think there is a basic problem in the system, though. The orderlies don't even need a high-school diploma - the state could pay college grads the same rate, and have them flocking in. Orderlies aren't paid poorly. But, for whatever reason, the hospital administration and the state HHS department make no attempt. The doctors are all burnout cases: if they had sympathy for their patients, it's been long burnt out of them by years of dealing with the mentally ill. And the nurses and social workers live in a world in which no abuse of patients ever happens; any time there's an actual report of abuse, "Oh, he must have had those bruises when he came in...?"

Bullshit, I saw him when he came in. He had a scrape on his forehead where he'd hit the pavement under the weight of a cop - a cop who would probably have been justified in pounding him senseless, which he didn't do. My brother attacked the cops who came to arrest him. But no bruises on his eyes or chest.

Now that another case of horrific neglect has come to light - this time, DYFS subcontracted out to a felon, who hired drug dealers, thugs and assorted peers to mentor to behaviorally troubled children - it's clear that there is something rotten in the state.

And since my brother is part of a population which people have little, if any sympathy - the severely mentally ill - my family, and any lawyers we hire (which we sure as hell are going to do) will be five voices piping up into the gale. And since we have forsworn violence as unhelpful, there's no other route to take.

Ain't life screwy?  

Shaviv

Ryli Fox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:54 pm
Sugestion taken into concideration and then dissmissed :3.
If you want to make a complaint there is a sticky for such, if you want to insult people please be prepared to be disregarded and thought of as a raving lunatic.

Edit by Zanzibar.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:58 pm
Such bitterness from the foxie.  

Kado Celeritus

Ryli Fox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:02 pm
[ K a d o ]
Such idiotic behavior from the MODs

This guild sucks a** now. All I need to be happy is my man and I have him, so the mods can go sit on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:03 pm
Ryli Fox
[ K a d o ]
Such idiotic behavior from the MODs

This guild sucks a** now. All I need to be happy is my man and I have him, so the mods can go sit on it.

You fail to understand that YOU were the one who started to get off topic in your thread domokun  

Alhazzred

Kado Celeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:03 pm
Still no reason to act like this.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items