Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Ever wanted to learn Higarana, Katakana or Kanji.. for free? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this helpful?
  Yes
  No
  I LOVE YOU!!! >^_^< lol
View Results

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 am
Hey as it says, Do you want to learn all three for free? well I found and awsome site that puts it like a game!

The only thing is, yes a catch but its ONLY the same thing you have to do with EVERYTHING involving Japanese sites and that is to install the Japanese language thing which isnt to hard as long as you have that one CD that came with your OS, If anyone needs instructions PM me and I'll tell ya, I'll especially remember sence I still gatta do it lol.

Anyways heres the site link!

http://www.msu.edu/~lakejess/kanjigame.html

Ever try to translate manga's? but your Japanese-English Dictionary doesnt work because it doesn't have it? Well, this site DOES! It will give you references and translations to words you cant find in dictionaries! so here it is I hope you enjoy it!

http://www5.big.or.jp/~otake/hey/fude00.htm

...god this sounded like an advertisement person on those infermertials *sp?*... excuse me while I go gag.... lol

OceanBlue Edit:

Jakaron
Just thought I'd mention a couple more free resources for learning Japanese.

Project LRNJ's Slime Forest Adventure RPG is probably the most fun way. It's been awhile since I've played it but I know it teaches hiragana and katakana. I think it has some kanji.

Another game I remember was the one at Tsunami channel. (Which reminds me that I haven't read it in awhile.) It obviously oriented towards guys. As you get answers correct it has a graphic of a girl stripping down to a swim suit. rolleyes I like the table of statistic it gives at the end though.

0ceanBlue
Actually, language packs can be installed from the Microsoft website, so you actually don't need the OS CD. I don't have my OS CD, but I was still able to download Asian fonts from the Microsoft website.

I can't help you if you use a Mac or Linux though, since I don't use either.

To test if you have Japanese font support installed:
[日本語]
If you don't have it installed, the text inside the brackets will show up as boxes or question marks.
[Microsoft.com] Enabling International Support in Windows XP/Server 2003 Family

Edit by Onicept:

Onicept

You can also do soem fun stuff here: http://genkienglish.net/genkijapan/menu.htm

It has a card flipping game, which is basically a matching game except with Hirogana and Katakana, this is coupled with the words and phrases section, and as you flip them, it says each character out loud

There is a little board like thing which can help you pronouce words, phrases and the individual symbols of both alphabets [first link on page](except no Kanji here), there is also a flash animation and a MP3 you can download with a little song that lets you learn the numbers up to 20 (2nd link on page..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:42 am
Thanks for posting this
heart

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:04 pm
Wow, extremely help. Very nice links.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 pm
Actually, language packs can be installed from the Microsoft website, so you actually don't need the OS CD. I don't have my OS CD, but I was still able to download Asian fonts from the Microsoft website.

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 pm
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

Nice, very good sites you found there xP

...has just triggered a flag, YAHOO!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:22 am
0ceanBlue

Thanks! now I dont have to go look for the d***** CD! w00t lol, and your all welcome, I remember having troubles myself when I wanted to translate three japanese manga's I bought, One being an Aquarian age manga which I wanted to translate for the longest time, so once again I'm sharing the love of things I discover and think people would like lol. But for now Im off to bed see you guys later in the afternoon *depending if I remember to stop reading the HP book 7 I borrowed from a friend lol if not Ill get on at this time before going to bed lol.* ja ne minna-san!  

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

Jakaron

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 am

Project LRNJ's Slime Forest Adventure RPG is probably the most fun way. It's been awhile since I've played it but I know it teaches hiragana and katakana. I think it has some kanji.

Another game I remember was the one at Tsunami channel. (Which reminds me that I haven't read it in awhile.) It obviously oriented towards guys. As you get answers correct it has a graphic of a girl stripping down to a swim suit. rolleyes I like the table of statistic it gives at the end though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:54 pm
I'll add your post to the first post Jakaron.  

GeebusKermas
Crew

Onicept
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 pm
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

You can also do some fun stuff here: http://genkienglish.net/genkijapan/menu.htm

It has a card flipping game, which is basically a matching game except with Hirogana and Katakana, this is coupled with the words and phrases section, and as you flip them, it says each character out loud

There is a little board like thing which can help you pronouce words, phrases and the individual symbols of both alphabets [first link on page](except no Kanji here), there is also a flash animation and a MP3 you can download with a little song that lets you learn the numbers up to 20 (2nd link on page..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:04 am
Getting rewarded with girls stripping? I'm there!  

00NINE-1
Crew

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:54 am
Jakaron

SWEET! I like the sound of the rpg. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:31 pm
SamuraiHuynh
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

Lol. That's all I gotta say, lol.

Onicept
Captain

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:41 pm
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

If schools were that interesting, I would never miss a day.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:52 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

If schools were that interesting, I would never miss a day.
User Image
Your dearest Kona-Mod...

Lol, probably.

Onicept
Captain

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 pm
User Image
Izumi-san.... ...you know that game I borrowed?

That does sound tempting lol to bad it aint guys stripping also... they should make a choise thing for us women lol

...I accidentally saved over your save slot...

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff