Death Dream

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:53 pm
I'll recount a dream I had recently. I was walking down a random road, and behind the me street shifted and went up into the sky in a perfect half-parabola. I looked at it, and down came this demonic looking horse, that was trailing flames, and had a rider on it's back. The rider gave me a scroll and said that I had three days to atone for my sins, or I would die. I opened the scroll to see what my sins were, but all that was written was gibberish, random words thrown together that didn't make any sense.

To start things, I highly doubt that I'll be dieing any time soon (although three days makes today, so there's still another 7 hours of so for me to be proved wrong). I see this more as a message from my subconscious, and understandably couched in symbolic terms. However, I think I kinda missed the whole main bit of it by not seeing the list of things that I need to correct.

So, thoughts, advice, opinions and such?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:26 pm
Dreams are better left to the dreamer to interpret, but I think the general gist of it is that you need to fix things before they get too out of hand.  

Jezehbelle

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:41 pm
Hmm, one would say the meaning is rather clear. I'm wondering more about the scroll, how would I find out what it actually said.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:24 am
Wouldn't the fact that the scroll didn't have anything on it mean that you're in the clear?

It's pretty easy for me to shrug off a dream and say "Oh well. That sucked, but it's a dream. What can I really do?" Except for really meaningful dreams, I wouldn't put too much stock into those dreams.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 am
I wasn't able to read the scroll for one of two reasons I can think of. One, I'm not at a mentally mature enough state to be able to analyze myself, or two the dream state just kept me from reading it. Dreams tend to mess standard activities up, like adjusting light levels, or reading, so maybe I need to get better at having awareness in dreaming as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:39 am
What I'd see it as is simply cause to examine how you've been behaving lately. The fact you couldn't read the scroll leads me to believe you need to spend time deciphering what could be on it through introspection. The issues could be how you've treated other people, or it could involve something nonhuman, perhaps even yourself. You may need to seek some clarity from another source if you don't feel you can remove yourself enough to uncover what the scroll might have read. That's where diviners might come in handy. Heh.

This is all, of course, just a suggestion, but this is what I felt at first brush.  

Starlock
Crew

serbus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:32 pm
Well, here's my personal interpretation. Please remember that I am young to the path and may not really know what I'm talking about.

I think someone is angry at you, and has sent you a curse (whether knowingly or not). The fact that the horse seemed demonic is indicative of this; a negative reaction, maybe even hate. Although I don't see why; you're a really kind person. You might have inadvertently offended someone, who knows?

Now the number three is a very powerful number in most pagan beliefs. It is also important in Christianity because Christ is said to have risen in three days, heralding a new age. So perhaps the person you have crossed is Christian. I'm assuming this mostly because the knight said to atone for your sins which is a common theme in Christian beliefs.

Death can indicate a lot of things, not always death. It can mean an ending of some sort. It can mean a transformation or even personal harm/retribution. What I feel from this scenario is that the person who is angry at you has given you a certain amount of time to make up for whatever may have offended them before they decided to a) Hate you, b) Stop being friends or Dissown you, c) Try and hurt you in some way aka: gossip, physical harm, mental manipulation.

As for the scroll, it is my opinion that this person has made a list of the things/thing that has offended them, but really those things are irrational. Honestly I think this person dislikes you just because they can, whith no substatial reasons. That's why the scroll made no sense to you.

The fact that you were on a road before everything became dissorriented may be a problem. Simply because you may not be able to continue your travels until this problem is resovled, so I would suggest talking to some of your close friends or even enemies to see what's going on. Try and get things settled quickly before you are too displaced from your current goals.

Well, that's my lengthy interpretation. Please tell me if you think any of it was accurate. I've never given an interpretation on other people's dreams before, just my own, but I'm pretty good at empathy and mind reading, so I hope that it has at least helped. Good luck with the whole, not dying thing.

-Teshia  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:33 am
Guys, I'm dead lol

To start things off, I think the curse idea is wrong. I doubt that I've offended anyone, and the idea of a curse just instinctively feels wrong in this situation.

Three is just an important number in general, so I think this is still a message from my subconscious. Yes, Christian imagery was used, but then again I'm also kinda fascinated by Christian imagery and myths. As well, if part of me is telling the other part of me that I've sinned, it's probably the side of me that holds Christian values, a sad result of living in a Judeo-Christian society.

I think you're right on the change things though. I've been thinking about my life, and I've changed my actions in the past year, and I see some of them coming more into prominence.

I've figured out that at the very least, I should stop smoking so much cannabis. In view of this, I'm stopping for a week or so, then looking at myself to see if anything has changed.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

serbus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:33 pm
*blushes* Well, like I said I'm new. Maybe I'm just reading too much into things.

-Teshia  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 pm
Don't worry about how new you are. Dream interpretation is something that not even people who have studied it for years can really say for a fact they understand. There are so many theories that it really seems ridiculous for anyone to say they have a clear-cut answer for any type of dream, even the ones that seem obvious 3nodding  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

serbus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:37 pm
Whew, that's a relief. I usually can interpret my own dreams pretty well, but that's because I know myself.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:39 am
'Tis a silly dream. X3

Just kidding. I would see it as you have some unresolved issues that need clearing up. Perhaps you feel subconciously guilty about something, but you're not sure quite what it is?

I'd take that away with the whole scroll thing. Just because our minds sometimes refuse to be totally clear when they want to point us in the right direction.

Or, too, perhaps it is that your guilty is unfounded; hence why the scroll was nonsensical gibberish.

Those are my best guesses. I suppose only you can really suss out your dreams, though. A dream is an intimate thing and only the dreamer knows for sure what their true feelings are.

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:32 pm
What no one yet has thought of was the intensity of the dream. The whole demonic horse and rider thing with the scroll and time frame just seems a bit much. I think that this might not be the first time a dream has tried to tell you to think about things but you just didn't get it before, this happens to me sometimes and when I think back I realize that I should have thought about my dreams a little more. As for the meaning of the dream that I have no opinion to share because it is for you to figure out but it seems that you might be on the right track. Anyway that's just what I thought about everything you've all been saying.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:33 pm
I have to agree with much of what has already said: it sounds as though you're taking on guilt that you don't deserve, or that you need to take some time out to stop and think.

The intensity of the dream is important, but I'd like to look at it from another perspective: It's over dramatic. I'm not trying to belittle the dream, but the whole demonic horse and rider with the message of "Repent! Repent!" certainly seems a little over the top, even almost out of place. Before you get too heavily involved in trying to interpret the dream, try to account for any mundane influences that may have called up the images, like books you've been reading, discussions you've had (possibly on subjects like repentance), or movies you've watched. After you've done that and still can't account for it, look into yourself. What is it the images mean to you? What sorts of feelings did they invoke both inside and outside of the dream? Look at things you've been worried about, things that have been unsettling and see if perhaps you do feel guilty, whether justifiably so or simply by association.

If all that fails, do some meditation and see if you can't some more clarification. Perhaps turn to some divination?

Gah, my witchy-sense is so rusty!

The Bookwyrm
Crew

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:28 pm
you have to actualy TRY to learn what it is that are your sins. take a look at your entire past present and future, in various viewpoints. realy take it in and compare each view to the next ones. you'll see for yourself what you may have done wrong. -.-  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games