Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Gensei's Crafty Crafting Bag

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well. What do you think?
  Bloody Briliant!
  O_O!!! *goes to find those jeans that don't fit to make one of those*
  Gensei.... Dear, you have too much time on your hands.
  Gold for me. x3
View Results

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:44 am
I made this bag after my daughter was born as a diaper bag. Then decided it was far to big and hurt my shoulders cause I would load it down with anything/everything I could think of. XD So now, it has become my knitting/crochet bag. Though I'm thinking of making a smaller one for a crochet bag. x3 I just had to show it off. x3

outside front
outside back
Inside of front
Inside of back

Made from two fleece receiving blankets, two curtain tiebacks, and a pair of my husband's jeans. All hand sewn. x3 The fly on the jeans wouldn't stay up on them and hubby was like "rip it up for cleaning rags.". I asked him if he had ever used denim for a cleaning rag, he said no, so I told him, "it sucks, it sucks bad.". and so I kept them for something crafty. x3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:20 am
one of my girl friends is having a baby soon, i should make one of those for her...maybe just slightly smaller though  

caffinated_tulip

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:35 am
Tulip
Womens size 14 or 16 would be plenty big for a diaper bag. I'd make a nice thick padded strap for a full sized bag, thin ones aren't very comfy after about 5 minutes.

Though Now that baby girl is 15 months I find we only need something big enough for her straw cup, place mat (always on hand, we never know when we're going to eat out and restaurant tables make me go "ew") two or three diapers, wipes, a handful of crayons and her sketchbook (must have entertainment on had at all times. XD). So I'm going to make a small one so I'm not carrying around a big bag that's mostly empty. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:13 pm
When my mom worked at a nursing hom, she would make a variation of that for wheelchairs. Mostly though, she used kids jeans (the ones I had outgrown). They hold up really well. I had a play bag like that for the longest time.  

knitting_needle_ninja

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:59 pm
is that your pj-ed foot? those are cute pjs... *got distracted by the purple pj pants*

its a cute bag!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Nina
My mom and I use to make and sell bags like that when I was 13. I loved 'em. :3 and they hold up awesomely.

Kochi~Mochi
No, that's my daughter's pj-ed foot. x3 She kept trying to stand on the bag for pictures. x3

Thank you. I can't wait to put it to use this weekend. biggrin I'm going to take my turtles and some other stuff I've made to the LYS and get some ideas on pricing. :3

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ska Hippie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:18 pm
Well done!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:03 pm
That is adorable...But if I were to make that it would be a duffle bag haha!! razz  

Kira Rae 74

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff