Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Symbolism Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:04 pm
I created this thread so people can find the meanings of symbols or just talk about them. I find them quite interesting myself. I have a friend that wants to know the meaning of these two symbols...does anyone here recognize them. they are unfamiliar to me.
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:35 am
Well I can tell you there not Rune of Galic. Sorry thats all I know.  

darkXmoon

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:01 am
Where did he find these? It might help finding what the mean......  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:25 am
A friend said they might be hebrew or sand script.  

darkXmoon

misstree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:58 pm
www.symbols.com has an insanely massive online library of symbols, and a way that you can kind of enter a description and try to find it. i didn't see it from looking myself, but perhaps you can.

i agree, knowing where it was from might help. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:27 pm
Isobel Bellamy

Well this may sound kinda strange but my friend practices astral projection. He met with his spirit guide and saw these two symbols on whatever he was wearing...he thinks theyre important. I thought i'd try and help him find out if they have any meanings.  

Tenebrion Valefor

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:31 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
Isobel Bellamy

Well this may sound kinda strange but my friend practices astral projection. He met with his spirit guide and saw these two symbols on whatever he was wearing...he thinks theyre important. I thought i'd try and help him find out if they have any meanings.
Hmmm well seeing as it's an ambiguous source thats going to make it harder they very may well have been created by him if they're actual symbols then I can see why he'd think they're significant  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:37 pm
Hmm, well ill keep searching but considering the source i may not find anything at all. They may not even exist in any records on earth.  

Tenebrion Valefor

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 pm
*chuckles quietly to myself* At least you haven't written nearly as much as I have....trancing out during class used to be an amusing pasttime for me. This is just one example of what my notebooks looked like during college.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:45 pm
However, these appear to be the same language.

User Image  

lurichan
Vice Captain

misstree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:22 pm
those are neat... tehy look like little mini-tattoos.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:24 pm
misstree
those are neat... tehy look like little mini-tattoos.

They have meaning to them, I just can''t translate them. ^^*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

themagikat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:34 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
Isobel Bellamy

he practices astral projection? interesting. i dont practice it but i do it unintnetionally. (working on it) its odd, but ive seen symbols of much of the same type of thing. ill whip up a few ive seen on the computer and how i deciphered what they are in a bit and ill post em here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:51 pm
okay, well that didnt work out as planned. basically i found six symbols that all work together to create one design, one that im calling a glyph for now. one is vaguely in the shape of a question mark with a cross on the top (which i think is shadow). another ties to that crossing section that comes out like a resersed questionmark with a cross section on its vertical line (which i think is light. this works together in that the two are opposites and yet are tied together. every light must have a shadow and shadow can not exist without light) on the left, next to the shadow mark is an upside down swirvy "L" shape. this possibly represents water, nearer to darkness than any other element, imo. atop the water is its opposite, fire, which is nearest to light. my theory is that while fire provides food and warmth and possible defence and shelter, water is cold and the deeper you go the darker it gets. on the right of the glyph near the shadow image is what looks like a very simple line that slopes downward (negative slope) this i think represents wind and its opposite slopes upward near light, earth, which brings nourishment and food. the wind rips it away.

all of these signs have appeared in my dreams and when i project myself, but they have only appeared together in one glyph once. this is what i get from it.

personally, of the two you showed us, i think the bottom one represents hope of some sort, while the top is almost like a foreshadowing of something to come. when i project, i dont go to a normal place, it smy own world (im stil confused about it but ill answer any questions you have to the best of my ability). everything in that world parallels what will happen in the "real" world in the near future. most things anyways, simetimes it happens years later.

hope that helped  

themagikat

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:02 pm
themagikat
okay, well that didnt work out as planned. basically i found six symbols that all work together to create one design, one that im calling a glyph for now. one is vaguely in the shape of a question mark with a cross on the top (which i think is shadow). another ties to that crossing section that comes out like a resersed questionmark with a cross section on its vertical line (which i think is light. this works together in that the two are opposites and yet are tied together. every light must have a shadow and shadow can not exist without light) on the left, next to the shadow mark is an upside down swirvy "L" shape. this possibly represents water, nearer to darkness than any other element, imo. atop the water is its opposite, fire, which is nearest to light. my theory is that while fire provides food and warmth and possible defence and shelter, water is cold and the deeper you go the darker it gets. on the right of the glyph near the shadow image is what looks like a very simple line that slopes downward (negative slope) this i think represents wind and its opposite slopes upward near light, earth, which brings nourishment and food. the wind rips it away.

all of these signs have appeared in my dreams and when i project myself, but they have only appeared together in one glyph once. this is what i get from it.

personally, of the two you showed us, i think the bottom one represents hope of some sort, while the top is almost like a foreshadowing of something to come. when i project, i dont go to a normal place, it smy own world (im stil confused about it but ill answer any questions you have to the best of my ability). everything in that world parallels what will happen in the "real" world in the near future. most things anyways, simetimes it happens years later.

hope that helped

Hmm, hope and foreshadowing, that would make sense because the entity my friend spoke to also told him some sort of prophecy or something. I cant exactly remember what it was but it involved an eye and a orb or something...i'll ask him next time i see him.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff