Reply Kingdoms/Event Announcements
I wanna go!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eilifr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:33 am
I wanna go to Pennsic here in PA! But I dont have any money, garb, or a good tent (no tent at all to be truthful), I was wondering if there are going to be any other events that people may think are interesting here in PA. No one I know here is in the SCA, except for a couple of freinds at Pennsic, but they live far away... sad I miss Birka...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am
i have heard of something sometimes referred to as indentured servitude. basically if you can find someone willing, they pay your way to pennsic, in exchange you do the camp chores and what-not.  

Mrsbruhaha

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 am
Also consider:

1. Meal plan. You pay, someone else cooks, and the prices are way cheaper than trying to buy meals from merchants.

2. Barter a skill that you have. Can you mend or polish armor? Make turnshoes? Cook, clean, schlep around camp? Make or repair garb, if someone gets you the fabric? Give good child care while parents are fighting or shopping? Build an outdoor oven that people can use for baking breads, one-pot meals (casseroles, in modern parlance), or dry their wet socks? Got any useful skills at all? If so, you can probably earn crash space in someone else's tent, and food on a per-meal basis or weekly depending on how good you are at what you do.

3. Would your parents be willing to loan you the money to get in?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 pm
Mrsbruhaha
i have heard of something sometimes referred to as indentured servitude. basically if you can find someone willing, they pay your way to pennsic, in exchange you do the camp chores and what-not.
My friend Ben did this last year. He worked off his debt within the first week and then made alot more money the second week. I give this idea a thumbs up.  

kashi-ko

Kingdoms/Event Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff