Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
stupid ERROR!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

can you help me?
  yes (thanks!)
View Results

imanormalalien

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:03 pm
okay first of all, im sooo excited because my mom finally gave in and bought Sims 2 for me! yay! ive been wanting that game badly since it first came out in like 2004 i think? next im getting seasons, but before all that even began, i started to install it to my computer. it just finished, and i restarted the computer. i didnt open anything except for sims 2, BUT theres an error. like halfway through the beginning credits, where it says "EB games challenge everything", it freezes and then a popup comes that says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." then when i click the OK button, Sims 2 closes! i've restarted again and opened Sims 2 again, but it keeps happening! and im really mad since i really wanted to play it. its a brand new game which we got from Toys R Us so its obviously not scratched or anything, and it didnt say that my computer didnt have enough space to run it... ugh someone help me please. im dying to play this thing.

btw my computer is a XP, and is a couple years old.. it was bought around like 2003-2004.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:23 am
Try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it. That may solve your problem. If it doesn't then it may be worth trying to exchange your discs for some new ones as there have been cases where brand new discs are glitched.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:18 pm
i remember when i bought university halfway through installing it would stop, so we exchanged the discs and it worked 3nodding not exactly the problem u r having, but maybe it'll work for u too blaugh  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games