Submit

What did you think?
  Bloody brilliant!
  -Didn't like it-
View Results

Blissful Xinn

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:06 pm
This is a thread in which you can post your opinions on the 7th book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and say what things you liked about it, or which things you would have changed.

I personally did not like Lupin, Tonks, or Snape dying...but what can you do. Other than that, the best book yet in my opinion...way to go J. K. Rowling! -Gives grand applause-  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:16 pm
Over all I really liked the book...the whole Hallows twist thing that went into dumbledor's past was wicked cool. I loved how J.K. had Oliver Wood come back to fight whee . I think the worst death was of Snape....but J.K. doesn't want there to be any sequels/prequels/off stories about Harry Potter, so she sort of had to kill off enough of the characters to keep her story. I also thought that the ending was a bit of a let down...she didn't really get in to how everything was after Voldemort died...But I did like the book as a whole ^^  

hfblawiehybfwaeluhf

Dapper Gekko

8,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tycoon 200

Charmed 4Life

Dapper Dabbler

7,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:20 am
I thought it was really good. I think that she should've made at least one of Teddy's parents live though. I would've liked Alatsor to live tough. The battle of Hogwarts was absolutely FANTASTIC I think. It was cool how the history of Snape and Dumbledore working together was told.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:31 am
Definitely loved the entire Lily/Snape/Dumbledore thing. And hearing about Dumbledore's past, that was much much enjoyable. Made Dumbledore more real.

Killing off Fred was cruel. Very much so. Same with Hedwig. Not cool. At all. Still some really funny parts, which is happy. Hallows, good. Like that, too.

Gornwen

Blissful Xinn

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:51 pm
Another thing I liked was the whole naming one of his son's after Snape. The words Harry said: "Albus Severus...you were named after two Hogwart's headmaster's, one of which was a Slytherin, and probably the bravest man I ever knew." I loved that part. 3nodding J.K. Rowling ROCKS!! cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:17 pm
I really liked it though I thought it left out some things and that the epilouge was a bit to vague. I like Molly's little line near the ending. smile  

Fleur Evette

Hong_kai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 pm
I REALLY liked it. It was absolutly wonderful. I cried when Snape died, it was so sweet, the thing with Lily, and made so much sense. I thought she ended it wonderfully. Most things are rocky around the ending, cuz it's hard to write the endings, but I thought it was wonderful.
It confused me, though, where did Teddy end up? It didn't say. I would have thought he'd be with Harry, because Harry's his godfather, but he apparently didn't. The vagueness of this makes me wonder if she's going to evolve a story around him...that would just be amazing.
I was so sad when it ended just BECAUSE it ended...seriously, I cried for like ten minutes straight.
I want a sequel.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 pm
It was personally my favorite, and hopefully the encyclopedia will answer most of the questions on other characters.  

The Chronokinetic King

Gornwen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:30 am
Sakura_Misawa
Another thing I liked was the whole naming one of his son's after Snape. The words Harry said: "Albus Severus...you were named after two Hogwart's headmaster's, one of which was a Slytherin, and probably the bravest man I ever knew." I loved that part. 3nodding J.K. Rowling ROCKS!! cool
I think that might be the most touching part of the books. Made everything so perfect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:38 am
Gornwen

Killing off Fred was cruel. Very much so. Same with Hedwig. Not cool. At all. Still some really funny parts, which is happy. Hallows, good. Like that, too.

i agree. i cried when fred died because it was such a shock... crying
i heard that george names his firstborn fred. :]

overall i was very pleased with the book. Rowling really did outdo herself with the ending. I am happy to say that i was not disappointed at all. biggrin

but some characters fates were left unexplained...

clueless-in-the-forest

krazytaffy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 pm
i luv DH! huhu.. crying Dobby died, Lupin and Tonks too.. waaah! many died! hmp! but 8s ok.. it ended good. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:40 pm
clueless-in-the-forest

i agree. i cried when fred died because it was such a shock... crying
i heard that george names his firstborn fred. :]

overall i was very pleased with the book. Rowling really did outdo herself with the ending. I am happy to say that i was not disappointed at all. biggrin

but some characters fates were left unexplained...
Most excellent! That means George manages to carry on with life, which I was almost afraid he would not be capable of doing. The fact Fred died laughing with Percy, though, was kinda warm and fuzzy like.

The only thing that disappointed me was killing Hedwig, after that bit the book became most enjoyable. Owl killings, though, seriously unnecessary. But gosh, definitely one of my favorites of the lot.

Gornwen

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:30 pm
Me = so sad about Colin Creevy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:26 pm
I think the books sucked because all the people I like dies at the end so after that I will never read that book again or go see the 7th movie because I know I will cry because they all die. They said that only one person will die so i was all up for the book, but now god what was i thinking.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

[.Transexual Walrus]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:04 am
I am still firmly under the dillusion that there was a conspiricy to kill off every character I liked.

Lupin my favourite character...Dead...Snape...Dead....Fred and George...half Dead xD

Add to the fact she killed off Sirius in book 5 I just got rather annoyed...I would have prefered it that Arthur died...she says he was the only good father in the book...so I believe she could have done the simple solution and made Lupin a 'good father'

I also really really wanted Hermione dead....oh and Draco just my luck that the live another 19 years gonk  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff