Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
Fingerless gloves :) (easy crochet) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How was this tutorial?
  Easy to follow
  okay
  hard
View Results

bookaholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:48 pm
I'll try to get pictures up.

The instructions for this will vary, depending on A) Your hand size, B) The yarn and hook
I used a size G hook and medium-thickness yarn (it shouldn't be thin yarn, but don't use yarn that's too woolly either)

Sorry I can't be more specific size-wise in terms of yarn, but I really just do it by feel and then adjust from there sweatdrop

Abbreviations:
ch: chain
dc: double crochet
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
st: stitch

1) Ch about 28. Wrap the chain around your palm (not including the thumb) to check to make sure that it's long enough, but in this case, it's better to be a little bit short than too long because remember, these gloves will stretch.

Round 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook. dc in each ch, then sl st to beginning to form a ring. ch 5 and turn.

Round 2: skip one st and dc in next st, ch 1, skip one st and dc in next one, repeat all the way around and join to end with sl st. ch 5 and turn.

Round 3-6: Repeat R2

Round 7: Begin same as previous R, but do not do the last dc. ch 5 and turn.

Round 8: repeat R7.

Round 9: Repeat 7 and 8, but when you get to the final dc, ch 3 and sl st to the beginning of the round. This forms a hole for your thumb.

Round 10: repeat R2

Round 11-12: dc in each st, same as R1.

Round 13 (optional; if you do this you might want to use thinner yarn): 1 sc, ch 3, skip 1 st, 1 sc, etc. til end. Finish off.
(Note!!! Make sure your work all of the ends in VERY securely, as these gloves are under a lot of stress from being pulled on and off constantly. If the ends come loose, it will show.)

Thumb:
R1: Repeat R2 of the glove all the way around the hole.
R2: sc in each st. Finish off.

FINISHING UP:
sc around the bottom, adjusting the wrist size to fit your own (but don't make it too tight, otherwise you won't be able to pull it over your hand.

Tis all!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:19 pm
Thank you!
I'm going to do this as soon as I have a chance, I hope it comes out okay.

:3

Jka

selenitrope

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:47 am
Ooh, I must try sometime soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:15 pm
Pictures!!!

Why did I do them in red? Because of Harry Potter 3nodding

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/monochan/photos/?action=view¤t=glove1.jpg

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/monochan/photos/?action=view¤t=glove2.jpg  

bookaholic

ElizabethRose311

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:02 pm
my only cause for alarm- i cannot yet corchet this well!!! *cries*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 pm
ElizabethRose311
my only cause for alarm- i cannot yet corchet this well!!! *cries*
*pats head* It's okay. Get somebody who knows how to help you.  

bookaholic

Sayuri Sawatari

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 pm
Sweet!!!! nice pattern!! heart

it seems to be nice and easy too!!

so anyway is it ur own pattern?? confused  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:50 pm
*sigh* I wish I could fully claim it as my own, but the original idea came from a design that I saw at a craft fair. Obviously, I had to make it up based on what I remembered from the design, so this version is mine, but the idea is somebody else's.  

bookaholic

taligator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:05 pm
Nice!

I made a simple pair in which I crocheted a simple rectangle and then stitched up the side (skipping stitches where the thumb is).

A half-double stitch works up beautifully and is quick. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:24 pm
taligator
Nice!

I made a simple pair in which I crocheted a simple rectangle and then stitched up the side (skipping stitches where the thumb is).

A half-double stitch works up beautifully and is quick. smile
Hmm... I should try that.  

bookaholic

Bunnybam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:32 am
those gloves are soooo cute crying crying now I really wish I knew how to crochet lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:05 pm
Bunnybam
those gloves are soooo cute crying crying now I really wish I knew how to crochet lol
Find someone to do these for you. smile  

bookaholic

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 pm
ACK! THANK YOU. I have been trying to find a nice, pretty pair of fingerless gloves to make, but every pattern I've found either calls for thin yarn and small hooks or makes no sense.
*scurries off to try and make these before school tomorrow*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:45 pm
bookaholic
Bunnybam

Or, better yet, go get a book if you can. Stitch 'n' b***h: The Happy Hooker is excellent. It's where I learned to crochet from, and then I just basically winged it from there.
It's a great resource but a little on the pricy side, but it has a bunch of really sweeeeeeeeeeet patterns. 3nodding  

MicroMiniMuffins

bookaholic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:05 am
MicroMiniMuffins
bookaholic
Bunnybam

Or, better yet, go get a book if you can. Stitch 'n' b***h: The Happy Hooker is excellent. It's where I learned to crochet from, and then I just basically winged it from there.
It's a great resource but a little on the pricy side, but it has a bunch of really sweeeeeeeeeeet patterns. 3nodding
That's the third time now somebody's mentioned that book. It must be good...  
Tutorials

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff