Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Your Patronuses!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 pm
If you had a Patronus, what would it be?

Despite my sisters' beliefs that I am an ape (*hem hem* Underestimated_Angel), I think I am a cat. I am very fickle, for one, and I don't like going out and doing things. I like people bringing everything right to ME!

SITA HARKER'S EDIT:
Ooh, never read/seen Harry Potter? Well, here's the definition.

Patronus Charm:
"Expecto patronum!"

Patronus: a silvery phantom shape, usually that of an animal, which is the embodiment of the positive thoughts of the caster.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:41 am
Cat. Proud, lazy, sleepy in the middle of things, dignity, grace, perfectly willing to let people feed me and change my litterbox the rest of my life xd

And I love cats. =^_^=  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:45 am
Lhia figured out I was a loon. Bazzare, quiet, and shy. The only thing missing is the spaziness. xd

And Lhia, you ARE an ape.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm
I think mine would be a red-tailed hawk...or a wolf, or possibly a lion. More likely the hawk though. Proud, strong, noble, independent and free.

I think most people's patronus would turn out to be your favourite animal, because people tend to pick as their favourite the animal whose personality is most like theirs, or at least whose personality they most admire. That's certainly true for me.  

Lady Midori

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 am
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia figured out I was a loon. Bazzare, quiet, and shy. The only thing missing is the spaziness. xd

And Lhia, you ARE an ape.

*makes rude hand gesture at annoying little sister*

I've liked cats ever since I was a baby, and cats have liked me, too. Just last night, I was over at my cousins' house, and there was a stray cat there who my cousin named Morrison. He was covered in fleas, but I couldn't stop petting him! He was soooooo cute! (I washed my hands afterward, though.) Nobody else seemed to like the cat as much as I did. My aunt said "I'll pay you ten bucks to kill the cat." I shrieked, "NO!!!" cry Sorry if I felt sympathetic for the half-emaciated cat sleeping on pizza boxes...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:25 pm
Lady Midori
I think mine would be a red-tailed hawk...or a wolf, or possibly a lion. More likely the hawk though. Proud, strong, noble, independent and free.

I think most people's patronus would turn out to be your favourite animal, because people tend to pick as their favourite the animal whose personality is most like theirs, or at least whose personality they most admire. That's certainly true for me.

Alas, I rarely even have loons come into my mind when I think of my favorite animal, but you are probably true.  

Underestimated_Angel

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:50 pm
What I mean is, your patronus is supposed to be comforting to you, as well as similar to you. I think seeing your favourite animal would be comforting...?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:13 pm
If I had a patronus, I believe it would be a horse or a unicorn. Can a patronus be a mythical creature?  

LadyAmalthea40

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:25 pm
I'm pretty sure my Patronus would be a wolf because one, it's an animal that's been in my heritage several times, and two, because I relate to them. They are individuals, but live in a pack and they can go from playful to protective in 1.1 seconds and they also have that sense of freedom and independence.

If not a wolf, possibly a sparrow because it's the nautical sign of freedom or a goat because I've been saved by billy goats more than once when it comes to evil blood-thirsty bunnies.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:30 pm
Bunnies? Is that some inside joke? Or are you just kidding? (Please tell me you're kidding...) xd  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:31 pm
LadyAmalthea40
If I had a patronus, I believe it would be a horse or a unicorn. Can a patronus be a mythical creature?

I'd say so, yes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:19 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
Bunnies? Is that some inside joke? Or are you just kidding? (Please tell me you're kidding...) xd
No, no, unfortunately I am not.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:28 am
Aeliara
Lhia_Dunwaith
No, no, unfortunately I am not.

Frightening... *shudders*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:47 am
mine would probably be a cat, i always feel very comfortable around cats, especially kittens, (<3) and they seem to like me a lot  

Angel Bixxa

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:09 pm
Angel TicTac
mine would probably be a cat, i always feel very comfortable around cats, especially kittens, (<3) and they seem to like me a lot

So that's three cats, a loon, a hawk, a unicorn, and a wolf/sparrow/billy goat.  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff