Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parent throwing books away. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bii lii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:55 am
I'm currently converting to wiccan.

I've got about five freakin books teaching me how, ect.

4 of them are gone.

The only one I have left is, "The Witch Book, The encyclopedia of witchcraft,wicca, and neo-paganism." Written by Raymond Buckland.

No one's admitting to it but I think it's my devoted Christian stepfather who's getting ride of them... possibly burning them.
D'':

Who's always telling me that I'm going to hell and that I worship the devil.

Wtf right?

I try to tell him that wiccans don't even BELIEVE in the frikkin devil.
But dumb a** does'nt ever listen.

ANYWHO, I wanna buy some more books but now I'm unemployed.

Soooo....no money, no books.

I'm thinkin about borrowing money from him to buy MORE books.
BWAHAHAHAHAH.
>=D

Yea that's right.

So anywho, does anyone ever throw away yo stuff that is'nt fancy'ed. o.O by other people because of their religion?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:32 am
ok one its Wicca not Wiccan. wicca is the religion wiccan is the follower. dont worry lots of people make that mistake.

well when my dad was herasssing me i whent online and found the wiccan laws. theres 13 of them written by the American wiccan councle back in the 70s. one of the laws is directly aimed that we dont worship any devil.

the wiccan rede (crede) not sure how to spell it is a good one. he also whent down to this school St. Marrys, to talk to a nun. she even told him that Wicca isnot a bad religion!!!! that without pagens, the church would had never been created!!!! lol i like her!!!!

so in short my dads cool with it, ive even offerd to let him borrow one of my books so he can learn more.

No, no ones ever taken anything, i keep all my alter tools and books hidden, mainly from my mom. mrgreen  

The gypsy Queen

Tharkun-kazad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 am
Ooo, oo! I have that book! The encyclopedia! I luffles it, but, my mom bought it for me for my 14th birthday.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:02 pm
Oh, I'm really sorry about the books! I'm constantly weeding out my books because I have way too many, but I just started studying Wicca so I don't have any of those books to spare.

Actually, I have open-access to my mum's, aunt's, and grandmum's libraries, which all added up, constitutes around 2,000 metaphysical books. My aunt's out of state right now, so I have access to about 800 at the moment.

So, I don't have to worry about my books being taken away. And if they did, I'm sure my family would have a spare copy or two laying around here.  

Aevey

XRecluses_LightX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:04 pm
While books are a great way to get starts (I would know cause thats how I started lol) it's not the only way. You can find tons of information online, although I wouldn't take any of it for the absolute truth. I'm sure there are plenty of people online who would be willing to teach you as well. If you have any questions or want to learn anything specific I would love to try to help.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:07 pm
XRecluses_LightX
While books are a great way to get starts (I would know cause thats how I started lol) it's not the only way. You can find tons of information online, although I wouldn't take any of it for the absolute truth. I'm sure there are plenty of people online who would be willing to teach you as well. If you have any questions or want to learn anything specific I would love to try to help.

i totaly agree  

The gypsy Queen

Geisha Princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:29 pm
nope nobody has ever taken my things . i am 34 and live miles away from my family . i was grown and married when i became a wiccan and live my own life  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:49 pm
well i have no books... i borrowd one from the libray called confessions of the teenage witch... i read and copyed a few spells that would come in handy and put them in my book of shadows... my freakn mom found it and through it away... >_< it pissed me off... i have no money to buy any books... and i can't find any spells ir anything online so im kinda bumbd about that... im sorry to hear that ur books were taken away...  

iDosty

Deadly Nyghtshade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:49 pm
ehh, thats never happened to me...But it probably will if my mother dearest finds my book of shadows..-.-...but theirs always the internet, && the fact she gave me a credit card that i can buy anything she wouldn't but me...and if she takes me books, she knowns she will hear a mouth full from me, and the fact we barely get along,...yikes...but she knows I do have a book on it..just not a book of shadows...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:17 am
i have my books, incense, and a small collection of items that mean alot to me  

Geisha Princess

Q-chan V2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:13 pm
Wicca can not truly be learned through books. you yourself must find your own majic. in other words creat your own spells(keeping them with in the laws of course) follow your own heart.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:09 am
i have most of the tools but no books.but nothing has ever been thrown away(other than my unfinished wand,i just started it and my mom must have thought it was just a stick lol.so i had to restart)my mom is actually ok with it.she yhas magical beliefs also,and she is the one who showed me a bit about tarot readings.

my dad on the other hand,has no idea(theyre divorced)i think hed be confused at first,but he wouldnt be really angry or anything.the only reason im afraid of telling my dad is because it may be heard by my strongly believing christian aunt.she'd flip completly.

as for you,dont buy more books,learn your own way.theres even some step-by-step email programs that send you new things every 2 days.  

Stargazer Dante

Geisha Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm
there is a great site to go check out too its called witchvox.com
i go there sometimes . you will find it interesting  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 pm
My Mom is really open-minded smile but my Dad isn't sad ...lucky my Dad isn't home much whee  

star3434

SageRaventree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:41 pm
I recommend you find a nice hiding place, and put your last book there. Speaking of hiding places, today I went to a thrift store and bought a cheap book that no one would ever want to read then cut out the inner part of the pages to make a hiding place. blaugh  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games