To no avail I try to sleep.
Each notorious night and dreadful day
These colorful fey pull me into the dark deep
And each time they succeed my mind frays.
These nightmares are unbelievably foul.
They never cease to torment
With swarming obnoxious owls.
Their broken beaks are impossibly pungent.
A passive aggressive lynx
Lies in the shadow of bats
A sharp tongued, riddling Sphinx
Perked itself up and into my happiness it spat.
These reoccurring terrors make me cry
If they do not stop soon I am afraid I will die.
- by Sithis the Dread Lord |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 06/16/2011 |
- Title: Sleep Psychosis
- Artist: Sithis the Dread Lord
During school we went to our local fine arts center for a field trip. If we went then we had to write a poem on a piece of art for a poem contest. I won third in my district. First place won a scholarship and I still don’t know what second and third place win, but tomorrow is the award ceremony so I’ll find out then. That is kind of funny. My poem style was Shakespearian. Here is my poem and the piece I did my poem on:
The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
- Date: 06/16/2011
- Tags: sleep psychosis demons goya incubus
- Report Post
- Reference Image:
Comments (1 Comments)
- Arthuritis592 - 06/30/2011
- Overall, I really enjoyed the imagery and rhyming. There were a few adjectives that didn't quite fit such as obnoxious owls. I think if you tweaked it slightly it would be even better! 4 for you
- Report As Spam